At Asurint, we’re building a leading information-based technology company in Cleveland, Ohio. Asurint is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing innovation, flexibility and personal ownership to background screening – all while addressing the changing regulatory landscape. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the positive onboarding experience of their employees. We are succeeding because they succeed.
The Verification Representative is responsible for verifying the prior employment, education, professional certifications, and references for the Company’s clients as part of their pre-employment screening process.
- Conducts investigative research to handle customer orders by leveraging technology platforms and contacting verifying parties within predefined support guidelines.
- Documents research outcome and performs data entry utilizing proprietary software
- Updates order statuses appropriately.
- Provides professional customer care and problem resolution for internal and external customers related to product questions.
- Handles confidential information responsibly and with good judgment.
- Contacts clients and outside resources via phone to verify information.
- Monitors and implements processing and system changes.
- Analyzes information collected to identify potential problems or discrepancies.
- Performs extensive internet inquiries and searches to support verification fulfillment
- Locates information quickly and accurately in accordance with applicable federal and state laws and procedures.
- Other duties as required.
- Education: High School diploma or a related field is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Certifications or licensure: Drivers’ license and ability to maintain a driving record that is satisfactory to the Company’s liability insurance carrier is required.
- Years of relevant experience: 0 to 2 years is preferred.
- Years of experience supervising: None.
- Experience in customer service [or research/investigative experience] is preferred.
- Experience with the legal/court system is preferred.
- Experience with background screening is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Relevant business management systems such as general ledger, HRIS, CRM, etc. is preferred.
- The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of offices, which includes the need for general safe workplace practices with office equipment and computers, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- This position is performed in an office setting although off-site meetings in various settings occur.
- The schedule is generally normal business hours although there is a requirement to perform work, attend meetings and events before or after normal workings hours, and occasionally on weekends and evenings.
- Some travel by personal automobile and a valid drivers’ license is required. Occasional overnight travel is required.
- Lift light objects [less than 20 pounds] and carry them short distances [20 feet or less].
In exchange for your unique abilities, perspectives & teamwork, ASURINT offers an excellent benefit package which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Medical/Dental & Vision effective first day of employment
- Paid Time Off & eight company paid holidays
- Free gym in building
- Learning and Development programs
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Business Casual Attire
- Employee Referral Bonus
*Asurint is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.