Job Title: Freight & Purchasing Coordinator
Prepared by: HR Manager &
Reports to: Purchasing Manager - Directly
Date: revised 12/21/202
Purchasing Coordinator - Indirectly
Promotional product industry leader HALO Branded Solutions' enterprise, CSE powered by HALO seeks teammate to report to the physical office in New Berlin WI, who thrives in a fast paced environment with a variety of daily tasks and strives for continued knowledge and growth while providing exceptional customer service internally, to our vendors and our valued customers
Position will provide daily support of shipments from inventory in two warehouse locations while acting as a liaison for CSE powered by HALO's (Enterprise) internal departments, the Enterprise's importing and exporting projects, supplier shipments direct to customer, including logistics coordination and services. Additionally, this role will provide daily support to the Purchasing department and assist the Enterprise's selling and customer support for optimal customer account service of Enterprise's program business ensuring that customer's orders are supported by placing of orders with vendors and receiving goods in a timely manner to be decorate and ship to customer locations within expected due dates to the satisfaction of the standards set by the company. This position's freight and purchasing duties will continue to evolve.
This is a full-time position requiring the candidate to be dependable, punctual professional as this position requires a positive, friendly outgoing personality. Candidate must have strong organizational, time management and follow up skills including effective and efficient problem solving skills with excellent computer and communication skills (oral and written) including email etiquette.
Candidate must be a task focused self-starter who is able to work independently as well as in a team environment. Candidate must be able to take and follow direction well, while exhibiting good listening skills to adequately respond to the request of the company, customer and vendors.
Candidate must display interpersonal skills while demonstrating strong attention to detail and follow up skills. An understanding of domestic and international shipping/receiving, inventory, and purchasing, basic accounting procedures to successfully act as a liaison between interdepartmental employees and vendors.
Candidates will need to be able to effectively interact in an office environment, work well under pressure and execute task with a positive can do attitude while handling multiple tasks effectively in a fast paced environment maintaining a sense of urgency and low error rate, a calm demeanor for consistently meeting firm time sensitive deadlines with a proactive approach to daily interactions and details ensuring that the satisfaction and goals of the customer and Enterprise are achieved as determined by management.
Candidate will have the ability and desire to learn and grown with the position, exhibiting a drive to provide the best customer service to clients and within our organization with the strong customer service approach.
Additionally, candidates must be proficient, Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
The preferred candidate would have a high school diploma or equivalent and 2 -3 years of freight management and customer service.
*Candidates receiving a conditional offer of employment will be subject to a background check. Candidates with a conviction record will be considered for employment unless the circumstances of the crime or offense are substantially related to the circumstances of the job responsibilities for this position.
Daily responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
Primary responsibilities (Freight):
• Prepare and execute the coordination and documentation of international export shipment in exact accordance with the requirements by each country; US Customs and other government agencies ensuring the details of all documents match, including small parcel air shipment.
• Calculate value of shipment for customs and insurance purposes.
• Determine and prepare appropriate shipping and customs documentations and enter information into UPS/FED EX Software or any other required software program. Ensure all required information for efficient export is completed and accurate.
• Facilitate shipments staged in the warehouse to the shipping dock, including labeling. Ensuring the documentation is correctly paired to the shipment parcels.
• Working with freight forwarders and shipping companies to tracking shipments, and resolve any shipping issues needed on a shipment until the shipment is delivered to the final destination.
• Domestic and international freight quotes, working with the carriers for the best rates.
• Schedule truck shipments with preferred freight forwards for internal and third party request.
• Resolve any UPS/ Federal Express/Truck shipment issues including but not limited to alerts, processing of claims and request for call tags and follow up.
• Update Customer orders and Company purchase order in company computer system when ship methods change. Adding notes to orders where necessary.
• Work with internal departments including but not limited to Warehouse, Sales and Customer Service and company vendors on shipping resolutions needed for order/shipment to meet necessary deadlines.
• Build positive, professional work relationships with interdepartmental teams to satisfy the needs of the company and clients.
Secondary Responsibilities (Purchasing):
• Project manage orders and inquiries in the time frame required or requested
• Maintain good order status and awareness by verifying all items were shipped to the vendor and performing strong follow up and communication..
• Assigned client program ordering and follow up - including placing daily orders for multiple logos.
• Expediting & Order Follow up
• Project manage assigned customer program account, acting as a liaison between that vendor and customer service support team on daily vendor situations to the satisfaction of the company and customer
• Provide clear and timely update to Team members..
• Communicate and respond to all team members and vendors in a timely manner while managing relationships and representing the Enterprise and Company in a positive and professional manner.
• Successfully interact with Program team working effectively and efficiently with all company departments.
• Assist with problem solving and resolution needs from internal and external parties.
• Follow up on backorder dates, communicating to CSR updates to spread sheet due to backorders.
• Daily communication with embroiderers..
• Effectively use reports, and available technology and resources to assist in the successful execution of order expediting and distribution of Enterprise's Purchasing email to appropriate Enterprise's Purchasing department team member.
• Other Purchasing department duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent, 2-3 years Freight Management or Customer Service
• Requires individual to provide full-time and predictable attendance.
• Requires individual to be able to work a minimum of 8 hours per workday.
• Requires individual to be able to work overtime when requested.
• Requires individual to meet imposed deadlines and effectively manage stress.
• Requires individual to be able to work in and report to onsite office environment.
• Requires individual to effectively interact, communicate and listen.
How will performance be measured?
• Total Enterprise sales volume and gross profit
• Ability to anticipate problems
• Client input on program
• Enterprise and Company employee input
• Directly to the Purchasing Manager
• Indirectly to the Purchasing Coordinator for daily direction
The goal is to become a reliable and integral resource within Logistics and Purchasing department by providing logistics coordination and services for timely and successful delivery of orders and assist in Enterprise's selling and customer support efforts with strong organizational and communication skills for optimal customer support as a member of the company's support team.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the position described and in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
The Company reserves the right to make any changes or modifications to this job description at any time.
The individual employed in this position will be employed by the company as an at-will employee.
*This position requires, a back ground check including National Criminal, and a signed employment agreement.