The Property Management Administrator (PMA) provides a wide range of administrative and programmatic support to Bellwether’s Director of Property Management and the Property Management Department. The PMA must have a deep understanding of the DPM’s values and goals for the organization and work in a manner that advances those values and goals, including establishing and maintaining a collaborative, ambitious, engaged, and mission-driven organizational culture.
• Bellwether Website:
o In coordination with Communications, update and maintain content such as Property descriptions, FAQ pages, etc.
o Maintain and Update Property Management site on SharePoint.
• Resident Grievance Process:
o Send acknowledgments for receipt of resident grievances.
o Investigate grievances providing detailed summary to PM/DPM for response
o Maintain grievance tracking to ensure timely response and as mechanism to determine patterns.
o Respond to Bellwether general inbox inquiries related to Property Management.
o Maintain department communication in Director of Property Management’s absence, directing calls/emails to appropriate staff and making decisions about when to contact the DPM with urgent information or situations.
o Act as barometer within the organization, having a sense for issues taking place in the environment and keeping DPM informed.
• Operations Manual:
o Update and maintain Bellwether Operations Manual as policies, documents, and procedures change.
• Call Center:
o Manage relationship with external call center, including updating internal response matrix and providing feedback on service.
• Quarterly Reports to Partners and Lenders:
o Send quarterly property financials, as required, for each property by th 30th of the month following the quarter-end.
o Maintain current address and/or entity changes to ensure that appropriate parties receive letters and necessary documents.
• Resident Engagement:
o Coordinate annual resident survey, including creating hard and soft versions, distribution to portfolio, and receive responses to compile data and generate reports for leadership.
o Administer new move in surveys monthly, including compilation of responses and generation of reports.
o Oversee new resident welcome bags, ensuring adequate supplies are on hand and welcome letter is updated as needed.
• Meeting Coordination and Support:
o Manage Condo Association meeting schedules and maintain accurate association records (minutes, resolutions, and other key documents). In collaboration with the DPM and Condo PM, act as key liaison to coordinate collection of materials to collate and distribute to the board members in advance of meetings.
o Coordinate venue, agendas, outside participants, and other elements of PM dept and team meetings.
• Insurance and Risk Management:
o Track insurance claims, including compiling necessary documents for submission to claims adjusters.
o Track commercial tenants’ submittal of current certificates of insurance naming Bellwether Housing as additionally insured.
o In collaboration with DPM, compile documents for Seattle Office for Civil Rights (SOCR) complaints; transmit response packet to SOCR; maintain files and track outcomes.
o Manage department wide copying and mailing projects.
o Maintain record retention of electronic documents for department.
Self & Team Development:
• Contribute and participate on Property Management Leadership team to troubleshoot problems as they arise and suggest/initiate procedural changes as needed.
• Embody Bellwether values of respect, integrity, community, and excellence in your work. Promote a culture of trust, mutual support, and accountability.
• Champion and cultivate an inclusive and equitable work environment.
• Maintain confidentiality of applicant and resident information.
• Work together with all Bellwether coworkers to learn effectively from and with each other, and to incorporate the lessons learned.
• High school diploma
• 3 to 5 years’ experience providing administrative office support
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Highly organized and strong attention to detail, capable of taking personal initiative in a project as needed, making sure all work is completed and of high quality.
• Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality at all times.
• Exceptional customer service aptitude, including problem-solving skills and the ability to respond quickly and tactfully to customer requests.
• Great interpersonal skills to apply in diverse working situations with a variety of coworkers.
• Proven ability to work independently with little or no supervision
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 5 to 8 years’ experience providing administrative support to mid- or upper-level managers
• 1-3 years property management experience
• Strong writing and editing skills
• Experience with Property Management software (eSite and/or Yardi)
• Experience with WIX website platform
• Experience building out SharePoint sites
• Experience creating presentations in PowerPoint
Other Position Requirements:
• A personal vehicle is not a requirement of this position. However, if using a personal or company-owned vehicle in the performance of job duties associated with this position, incumbent must possess and maintain a valid Washington State Driver’s License, the appropriate amount of automobile insurance, and a safe driving record.
• Candidates selected for this position must pass a criminal history background check prior to employment with Bellwether Housing.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week, flexible work schedule
Compensation: $26.00 - $28.00 per hour DOE, benefits
Benefits: Bellwether Housing provides 24 days of PTO in the first year of employment for all employees working over 20 hours per week. We have a 403(b)-retirement plan with immediate eligibility for employee contributions and employer matching after 15 months of service; three medical plans to choose from, one with an employer funded HSA; dental; vision; flexible spending accounts, disability (short- and long-term); employer paid life insurance; and commuter benefits.
Bellwether Housing is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity, including the diversity of thought and experience. We are committed to building an open and inclusive culture for all employees. We consider all applicants without regard to education, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, skills, and level of experience. All interested candidates are encouraged to apply.