Newfi Lending is as fast-growing mortgage lender experiencing rapid expansions in our product offerings, geographical footprint, and technology tools. We are seeking an experienced and adaptable Mortgage Business Analyst to join our Development & Support team in facilitating the company’s current and future growth initiatives.
The Business Analyst will not only be responsible for gathering, analyzing, and documenting the needs of Newfi’s business community, but will also take a hands-on roll in investigating and applying appropriate solutions in the in the forms of system workflows, custom reports, regulatory disclosures/documents, project documentation, and more. Our ideal candidate is someone who has a knack for “pulling up their sleeves” and getting the work done, while still respecting the collaborative nature of our internal teams.
- Leverage mortgage industry experience and learned knowledge of Newfi’s processes to develop, test and implement new business processes and system functionality.
- Conduct remote requirements gathering sessions for various development projects, large and small.
- Work closely with cross-functional team members in the development, testing and implementation processes.
- Act as project manager on smaller, short-term projects.
- Understand and implement regulatory and compliance requirements, where applicable.
- Set-up and test disclosures/documents for new states, products, and investors.
- Provide support for LOS admin functions including user permissions, workflow configuration and rules.
- Assist with development, testing and implementation of new technology.
- Additional development and support tasks as assigned.
Requirements and Skills:
- 2-5 years of recent experience as a Business Analyst or other similar role in the Mortgage Lending industry.
- 3-5 years recent experience in mortgage lending operations, in either wholesale, retail, or correspondent environment.
- Familiarity with mortgage disclosures/documents and related regulatory, compliance and industry disclosure practices.
- Experience managing projects in terms of planning, resource management, scheduling, and documenting.
- Skilled at developing concise project documentation and job aids.
- Hands-on LOS admin experience (LendingQB/MeridianLink or Encompass).
- Adept at understanding how to apply solutions to business needs at multiple levels: company, team, individual.
- Comfort with shifting priorities quickly while maintaining solid organizational and follow-up practices.
- Respectful and supportive of co-workers and clients; a skilled listener.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Newfi Lending is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and aim to empower individuals and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Visit us at www.newfi.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all associated responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions. The Company reserves the rights to change, amend, add, delete, and otherwise assign any and all duties, responsibilities, and position titles, as it deems necessary to meet the needs of the business.