This position performs a variety of tasks regarding the storage, inventory, and distribution of linen and uniforms to various locations within the Medical Center as well as the collection of soiled linens.
1. Receives, segregates, counts and records number of items of soiled linen and uniforms for repair or laundering, and places items in containers.
2. All soiled linen has been removed from each user area at least once during the work shift. Linen needing mending is separated and delivered to seamstress. Mops and rags are delivered to Environmental Services on schedule. Soiled linen is collected and prepared for pickup by linen service 30 minutes prior to scheduled pickup time. Documented violation of above shall not occur more than twice annually.
3. Examines laundered items to ensure cleanliness and serviceability.
4. All linen returned from linen service is checked for cleanliness. No stained or soiled linen is sent to a user area. Documented violation of above shall not occur more than twice annually.
5. Stores laundered items on shelves.
6. All linen is sorted and stored in appropriate area. Documented violation of above shall not occur more than twice annually.
7. All linen carts are filled to daily standards. All "stat" deliveries are completed within 15 minutes of receipt. All clean linen carts are delivered by the appointed time daily. Sufficient scrub suits in appropriate sizes are sent to each department daily. No calls are received requesting additional linen after scheduled delivery, except in emergency. Documented violation of above shall not occur more than twice annually.
8. Conducts monthly and yearly inventories to identify items for replacement.
9. Collects and transports linen (cleaned and soiled) to designated areas.
10. Assists in conducting inventories when scheduled. Documented violation of above shall not occur more than once annually.
11. Keeps linen room in clean and orderly condition.