Encino Energy is looking to hire an Engineering Technician on the Business Development team reporting to the VP, Business Development. This position is responsible for maximizing the value of the company through analysis of acquisition opportunities, including technical evaluation of undeveloped and producing properties and economic evaluations at a project level.
- Support engineers in asset evaluation and acreage acquisition prospects
- Pull, download, query, and analyze internal and / or public data
- Compile, organize, manage, and analyze seller’s databases with different structures and settings
- Support engineers with due diligence of the seller’s data (i.e. LOS, capital programs, reserve base, etc.)
- Support engineers with pricing assumptions to run the reserve database
- Run multiple scenarios efficiently and compile different assumptions in each scenario
- Utilize data analytics to evaluate acquisitions opportunities
- Perform economic evaluations of potential development projects within an acquisition evaluation such as, drilling opportunities, workovers, facilities, and field expansions
- Research SEC filings, investor reports, and pull relevant information and data
- Perform competitor analysis and benchmarking studies
- Support all activities related to acquisition of new assets and / or divestment of current acreage or interests
- Develop tools to streamline processes
- Assist with presentation preparation to the executive team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with small multi-disciplinary team settings
- Process oriented - able to derive solutions for increased process efficiency, decreased turnaround time for outputs
- Prior experience in oil & gas acquisitions
- Skilled in managing and analyzing large amounts of data
- Ability to present complex projects and analysis in a concise and structured manner
- Expert in ARIES, Spotfire, Excel
- Proficient in MS Office suite, and other oil & gas engineering applications
- Proficient with SQL / MS Access and database management
- Ability to handle multiple priorities concurrently and several projects
- Candidate must have strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and ability to work cross functionally to achieve challenging goals
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Eagerness to take ownership of responsibilities
- Proven ability to work under pressure, organize, manage, prioritize, and execute on multiple deliverables
- Basic knowledge with state websites to pull well production automatically
- Basic knowledge on the following additional software: DrillingInfo, IHS, Arcview, Geo mapping (Geographix, PETRA, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Math, Science, Physics, Computer Science) required.
- Minimum of 5 years of oil and gas Reservoir Engineering technician or other engineering disciplines.
Full-Time, Exempt, Salaried
This position not is eligible for domestic relocation.
This job is predominately located in a professional office environment
This is a full-time position. Encino has a compressed work week with a “4/9/4” Work Schedule. Employees have the option to work four nine-hour days with the addition of four hours each Friday. Some flexibility in hours is allowed.
Encino Energy is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston. The company is committed to accumulating high potential assets in multiple U.S. basins and to enhancing returns with active, discipline, and technologically-driven development programs.
Encino Energy is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in recruiting, hiring, developing, compensating, and promoting applicants and its employees. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for employee’s and applicant’s disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Encino Energy LLC does not offer sponsorship of employment-based non-immigrant visa petitions for this role.