Performs essential receptionist and welcoming duties and serves to provide an appropriate first and lasting impression for all of The Association of Former Students’ internal and external customers. Directs callers and guests to appropriate team members in a manner consistent with The Association’s vision and mission.
Essential Functions: Serve as the primary and initial point of contact for the majority of our customers while delivering a positive and professional first impression at every interaction.
- Provides excellent verbal, non-verbal and environmental communication.
- Uses multi-line telephones, voicemail, e-mail, verbal or written communication methods as appropriate to the situation.
- Greets all guests to the Clayton W. Williams, Jr. Alumni Center with enthusiasm and a helpful demeanor.
- Possesses the ability to multi-task well in a fast-paced environment, always remaining calm under pressure.
- Evaluates customer requests and provides clear and correct information or accurately directs customers to the appropriate individuals who can assist them.
- Displays exceptional customer service skills and organizational skills.
- Discretion is absolutely paramount with the privacy and security of all conversations had and confidential documents/materials handled and/or delivered being at the forefront.
- Provides strong personable telephone etiquette to all callers.
- Has basic knowledge of the Texas A&M campus and campus services.
- Dependability and punctuality are imperative, with attendance being required when The Association of Former Students is open, regardless of the academic calendar.
- Communicates appropriately with the diverse demographic of our customers.
- Ensures the reception area and Flores Hall are clean and organized at all times.
- Provides assistance to other Association departments as requested and permissible.
Participates and provides input on various Association-wide activities which may include:
- Actively contributing to efforts to achieve donor growth goal.
- Providing on-site event support for Board and Leadership Council Meetings.
- Participation on internal event and task committees.
- Participation in Association events including, but not limited to, All-Aggie Grad Party, Ring Delivery, Reunions, Distinguished Alumni Gala and Game Day events, as needed.
- Represents The Association as needed at events.
Serves as an ambassador for The Association by meeting Team Expectations; supporting The Association’s fundraising, branding, and communications efforts; and fostering relationships with former students, current students, parents, faculty, staff and friends of Texas A&M. Occasional other duties as assigned.
Received: Front Desk Supervisor.
Required: Current student enrolled at Texas A&M University pursuing a bachelor or graduate degree.
Preferred: Previous office, reception or hospitality experience.
Required: Working knowledge of standard office equipment. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Microsoft Office skills. Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information. Ability to work on a high-achieving team. Excellent driving record.
Required: Ability to operate a multi-line telephone system and keyboard.
Required: Ability to think critically and respond to situations appropriately and professionally on a case-by-case basis. Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills.