The Sterile processing Technician handles instruments, supplies and equipment necessary for surgery and patient care. Primary duties are cleaning, disinfecting, sterilizing, setting and processing of instruments and equipment, pulling surgical case carts and filling requisitions.
- High school diploma
- CBSPD or IAHCSMM certified or 2 years working in an SP department with willingness to attain certification within 2 years of hire.
- Must have knowledge of surgical supply and instrumentation
- Must be highly motivated and willing to assume additional job duties as needed
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independent of others and also on a team