As representative of the design team this position is a liaison to the construction team to promote collaboration and communication.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Performs as the Lead Point of Contact between design team, project owner and the General Contractor and subcontractors (Contractor team) to remedy project questions.
- Provides weekly on-site presence to ensure collaboration with the Contractor team. The project site is located in southern Virginia. A fulltime presence on site during the week is not required, however time on site can vary week to week based on construction activities.
- Facilitates ensuring the Contractor team has a complete understanding of the issued for construction (IFC) drawings and specifications. Is the single point of contract to the Design Team for any questions by the Contractor team regarding the IFC drawings and specifications.
- Coordinates the distribution of submittal packages to and responses from the Design Team for adherence to IFC drawings and specifications.
- Meets with the Contractor team to facilitate the resolution of RFIs and to facilitate their understanding of the Design Team response.
- Participates in weekly construction meetings lead by the Contractor team.
- Tracks and facilitates timeliness of RFI and submittal responses.
- Participates in Commissioning Planning as needed.
- Coordinates and schedules construction site visits by lead engineers, architects, and other design team members.
Other Job Responsibilities
10. Presents the client with a positive proactive experience in addressing challenging situations that may occur.
11. Ability to positively contribute to the dynamic Swanson Rink team environment and its industry leading position.
12. Acts and communicates in a positive and professional manner with clients, customers, co-workers, contractor teams and management.
13. Maintains a superior level of service to our clients.
14. Due to the site location and the requirement for a weekly onsite presence extensive travel is required.
We are a dynamic organization in a rapidly changing industry. Accordingly, the responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company's business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Architectural Engineering, or Construction Management, plus minimum of 7 years of experience in the Project and Construction Management area on green field multi-building construction sites. Experience with hyperscale data center construction is a plus.
- Demonstrated skills in managing and motivating team members.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Self motivated, analytical skill set, strong presentation skills and ability to interact with various levels within an organization and with external customers and potential clients.
- Highly skilled in verbal and written communications.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- MS Office Suite and web- based document management platforms such as BIM360, Newforma, and CMiC.
EEO/AA – M/F/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities Employer
Compensation & Benefits:
- $85,000 - $130,000
- Health care benefits, company paid holidays, Paid Time Off, 401(k)