Springs Rescue Mission (SRM) considers every position one of ministry and a vital and valued part of our team. Therefore, it is essential that all employees of SRM have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and subscribe to our Statement of Faith and Core Values.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) provides direction and leadership in the areas of finance and accounting. Pursues organizational alignment with values, mission, and vision through relationship building, staff development, role modeling, and the implementation of organizational policies and procedures. Position provides strategic oversight for the departments of Finance. The CFO is responsible for all financial strategies as well as banking and legal relationships including cash flow planning, investments and asset management. This position also oversees all financial changes, project updates, and provides strategic financial planning for all of SRM.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As a member of the Lead Team, upholds, promotes, and encourages, in word and deed, desired organizational culture and core values; purposefully seeks to establish and maintain a culture that affirms and advances SRM core values: Christ-Centered, Compassion and Courage.
- Ensures timely and accurate reporting according to SRM needs and expectations and keeps Lead Team informed and demonstrates commitment to open communication to fully participate in organizational problem-solving, decision making and strategic planning.
- Leads and manages the CFO (Finance & Accounting) function and performance by developing people and processes that supports SRM vision, mission and core values.
- Provides support, oversight, and direction to the Finance and Accounting departments ensuring adequate staffing and optimal operation in accordance with SRM needs and initiatives.
- Provides strategic financial input and leadership on decisions affecting the organization.
- Supports the leadership of SRM Board Finance Committee.
- Develops strategic partnerships internally and externally that maximize access to and awareness of all opportunities that relate to SRM mission and objectives.
- Builds, develops, and improves operations, processes, and procedures in Finance and Accounting team to support strategic direction.
- Ensures proper organizational structure, talent development and succession planning are in place to support the current and future organizational and individual talent development needs of SRM.
- Encourages highly engaged employees for enhanced performance and growth
- Advises, negotiates, manages, and administers all contracts over $10,000 into which the organization may enter.
- Provides technical financial advice and knowledge to others regarding the financial discipline.
- Establishes and maintains credibility for oversight departments.
- Provides timely and accurate analyses of budgets, project proposals, cash flow and trends in the multiple areas in order to assist the Executive Team and the Board of Directors in performing their responsibilities.
- Initiates continual improvement of the financial management process.
- Educates department managers and program directors on financial issues impacting their areas of responsibilities.
- Administrates purchasing systems and procedures; oversee the purchasing function.
- Assess property, casualty and other business insurance needs and executes contracts to ensure adequate coverage to protect mission assets.
- Enhances and/or develops, implements, and enforce policies and procedures that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of SRM.
- Guides identification and implementation of various technology platforms and determines appropriate and cost-effective technology solutions that are strategically aligned to support overall ministry goals and objectives.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in accounting, business administration, or CPA credential or equivalent work experience.
- Ten (10) or more years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience in Non-Profit fund accounting as well as other Shared Services areas and at the highest level of an organization.
- Previous experience working for a non-profit organization.
- CPA preferred.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and is a constant witness. Christ-centered and compassionate attitude in dealing with people including the homeless and faithfully upholds and exemplifies SRM’s Statement of Faith.
- Serves as an advocate for the homeless and raising awareness of the needs and concern for the addicted, and those in poverty; engaging others within one’s influence of greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of this population in Colorado Springs.
- Believes that volunteers are vital to accomplishing the Vision and Mission of Springs Rescue Mission and thus is part of mobilizing the community in the fight against addiction, poverty and homelessness.
- Strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus.
- Extremely well organized and self-directed, diplomatic and adept at developing and maintaining interpersonal relationships within a team dynamic.
- Good educator and developer of people who is trustworthy and willing to share information and serve as a mentor.
- Decisive and “big picture” perspective; well versed in systems thinking.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Skilled negotiator who is experienced in contracts.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Highly computer literate with familiarity with computer operation, programming and system design.
- Substantial and proven knowledge and skill within all areas of finance.
- Knowledge of and subscription to ECFA and GAAP guidelines and standards
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL FACTORS
Occasionally = 1%-33%; Frequently = 34%-66%; Continuously = 67%-100%
- Position involves working in a typical office environment and occasional travel.
- Must climb stairs daily.
* Salary & benefits include the following: $105,000, DOE.
* Full benefits package to include: medical benefits with SRM paying 85% of the medical premium, voluntary Dental, Vision, Allstate Accident Plan, SRM-paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, and AD&D. Also offered are 8 paid holidays, 31 days of accruable PTO, paid “Soul Care Retreat” days (up to 4 depending upon availability), and a 403b retirement plan with SRM-match after 1 year, 100% vested beginning DOH; (Benefits are subject to change based on reevaluation or benefit plan changes annually.)