B&L has openings for a Resident Engineer (NICET IV) for the 2023 construction season. We are seeking administration/inspection staff for specific transportation projects in Kingston, NY.
- Inspect and document daily construction activities
- Prepare daily diary/inspection reports and weekly progress reports
- Measure quantities of materials used and work performed
- Prepare/assist in preparation of monthly payment requests
- Review claims for extra work and change order costs
- Assist in coordination of utilities
- Interpret contract plans and specifications
- Assist in coordination between the owner, contractor(s) and government agencies
The ideal candidate will have highway/bridge/paving/drainage inspection experience. Knowledge of NYSDOT specifications and MURK procedures and protocol is required. Basic computer skills are necessary to utilize construction software programs. Recent Public Works, NYS Thruway, and DOT retirees are encouraged to apply.
Estimated Pay Range: $33-45/hour.
Actual compensation may vary based on related work experience, geographical location and market conditions, education/training, certifications, and other credentials, as well as applicable knowledge and skills.
Barton & Loguidice is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability or protected veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal law or Executive Orders.