Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Monday-Friday 8a-5p; On-call, Holiday, weekend, and off shift requirements
- Provide a consistent high-quality hospice experience for every patient and family
- Flexibility to manage the frequency and duration of visits based on patient/family needs
- Coordinates with consultant pharmacist and attending physician to optimize symptom management.
- Develops and amends the patient/family plan of care based upon identified problems and goals
- Communicates timely and effectively with the Home Hospice Team Leader/designee, physicians, team members, patients, families, contracted vendors, and community.
- Participates in the on-call rotation for night and weekend nursing coverage as assigned.
- Practices safe medication management according to professional standards which requires successful completion of medication mathematic skills competencies.
- Assesses learning readiness and provides ongoing education and support to the patient and family according to their needs and the plan of care.
- Supervises and delegates to LPNs, hospice aides, students, and volunteers on the same assigned workday.
- Rotates assignments as necessary to meet program needs.