Pine Tree Society is committed to helping people with and without disabilities lead richer, more socially connected lives. Our mission is to provide children and adults with disabilities the opportunities and the means to create better lives for themselves and their families. Come join a team dedicated to helping the community lead richer, more socially connected lives every day!
As a Business Services Associate with Pine Tree Society, you would perform activities relative to cash for our various programs including revenue related activities of scheduling, billing, payment processing, and collections.
The ideal candidate will have experience in basic accounting practices and be customer service centric. Other key qualifications needed to be successful in this position include the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, have strong written and verbal communications, administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to balance multiple priorities.
This position requires professionalism, flexibility, and a willingness to take on additional responsibilities as requested.
- Establishes and maintains credentials for service providers to permit billing for services through insurance companies and government agencies.
- Partners with program management to have standard contracts executed prior to initiation of services. Ensures contracts are properly executed in accordance with established policies. Maintains contract files.
- Obtains referrals and authorizations for services.
- On-boards clients into client record systems and verifies client information necessary for billing prior to service being provided.
- Schedules clients for service. Maximizes the time of service providers in meeting the needs of clients.
- Accurately prepares billings for all services provided within established billing deadlines.
- Follows up in a timely manner on any payment denials from state agencies for possible rebilling to ensure full collection of services provided.
- Updates client accounts for all billings and adjustments in a timely and accurate manner to ensure confidence in our accounts receivables subledgers.
- Records general ledger activity and reconciles the general ledger with client account subledgers
- Accurately and efficiently processes and deposits all cash receipts received via the mail for client services, support and special event, as well as other revenues and reimbursements into Society bank accounts.
- Updates client accounts for all cash remittances in a timely and accurate manner to ensure confidence in our accounts receivables subledgers
- Reviews aging reports and performs collection activities on delinquent accounts
- Ensures collections related to fund-raising are accurately process and details are provided to the Development department.
Qualifications; knowledge, skills and abilities:
- General ledger accounting experience and experience reconciling to subledgers
- Proficient with data calculations and use of spreadsheets.
- Competent in use of computer software such as databases, word processors, and spreadsheets.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of Society staff and external parties.
- Ability to tactfully follow up on unpaid bills with clients and third-party payers
- Must demonstrate effective communication skills with peers, supervisors, business partners and executive management.
Benefits: We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, life, short-term disability and voluntary insurances as well as a generous paid time off (PTO) policy (15 days/year to start), 12 paid holidays (including one floating holiday for your birthday or other holiday you’d like to recognize!), a 403(b) retirement plan and a friendly and professional workplace atmosphere focused on impact. EOE
- Associate’s degree with demonstrated experience in accounting and accounts receivable management
- Experience with third-party medical billing preferred.