On-Site Open Interviews at Ballwin (13986 Manchester Rd) LocationTuesday, October 30: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Archdiocese of St. Louis (SVDP), is a grassroots, volunteer-based, direct-aid organization that brings together men and women to grow in their spirituality through service for others. We have been serving the Greater St. Louis area since 1845. We are part of a national organization and linked by the common mission of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul.
The Archdiocesan Council is composed of 140+ parish-based volunteer groups called Conferences. The Main Council operation serves as a resource and support system for these Conferences.
The Cashier provides courteous and professional services to Customers by checking out and packaging their purchases, refunding returns, and keeping fitting rooms and store clean—all to ensure the success of SVDP’s mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Presents a professional, clean appearance.
- Handles merchandise with care from checking out to the bagging process.
- Keeps cashier area and fitting rooms clean, and racks stocked and straightened.
- Follows the cashier policies and procedures regarding not checking out own merchandise, any family member, other employees or volunteers.
- Contacts store management with questions and advice on handling unusual situations.
- Provides applicants with application and job responsibility information, assists with setting up applicants for an interview.
- Works a flexible schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Use accuracy when ringing up a sale and counting back cash money. Make sure the customer receives a receipt and use diplomacy when a customer’s credit card is declined.
- Responsible for a balanced drawer.
Organization Mission and Policies:
- Supports and demonstrates excellent customer assistance by following the SVDP’s Customer Service Motto to “Serve our Valuable Customers with Distinction and Purpose” which defines “our valuable customers” as both internal and external; i.e. co-workers, donators, vendors, organizational contacts and thrift store consumers.