Come Smile with Us!
- Are you a collaborative leader who loves to work on projects and lead cross functional teams?
- Are you a strong communicator who thrives on building relationships internally and externally?
- Do you have a passion for inspiring and developing a team to meet professional and company goals?
Delta Dental invites applications for Professional Relations Director to develop and lead professional relations activities to achieve and support corporate and operational objectives. This includes the integration of provider-based activities that strategically align to overall corporate objectives. You will also serve as one of the main points of contact for providers with Delta Dental and serve as the internal “voice” for dental professionals and related entities in the State of Iowa.
Delta Dental of Iowa provides dental and vision insurance to more than 1.2 million Iowans. As a not-for-profit insurance company, our mission is to improve the health and smiles of the people we serve. We give back to Iowa communities by supporting and funding health and wellness initiatives that make a measurable difference in the overall health of underserved Iowans. Come see why we are passionate about "Bringing Smiles" to our customers. Our team enjoys competitive pay and benefits, an awesome "One Team" approach, and a company culture that fosters "Exceptional Quality Service" and "Leadership at All Levels." Love where you work!
Essential Functions and Principal Accountabilities:
- Provide leadership by directing, planning, organizing and monitoring all functions of the Professional Relations department. The major daily functions of Professional Relations include the following: 1) credentialing and recredentialing of all networks; 2) DDPA National Practitioner File (NPF); 3) network maintenance; 4) ensuring compliance with all DDPA policies and standards and the associated reporting; 5) managing content for all provider mailed, emailed and web correspondences and content; 6) Professional Relations Representative’s Office visits; 7) Implementation and education to providers on new codes and policies; 8) Provider portions of HDS and provider software integration; 9) Serving as an escalation point of contact for provider issues
- Formulate, recommend and communicate corporate and functional area strategy, objectives, goals and action plans to sustain a competitive advantage for all DDIA provider networks. This includes leading multi-functional teams to analyze current networks and competitor networks trends, formulate strategy for network recruitment and retention and to implement and monitor such strategy once approved by leadership. Use a ‘sales’ focus for the implementation aspect of these projects.
- Support and lead cross functional teams within Delta Dental and across affiliated business partners to support strategic or operational objectives related to professional relations. Serve as project management lead and/or support role as needed or assigned, e.g. provider focused updates/changes in HDS.
- Represent the corporation at dental and other related meetings and functions that align with company and departmental initiatives and goals; engage in selective community and statewide organizations; establish, build and maintain effective and professional long term relationships with the staff, Board of Directors, Iowa Dental Board, School of Dentistry – University of Iowa, and Iowa Dental and Hygiene Associations, community and industry leaders, etc.
- Perform basic financial analysis to identify cost improvement opportunities, work with leadership to develop strategies to reach financial goals through contracting, execute contracting strategies to meet goals and objectives, and evaluate/monitor providers’ performance standards and financial performance of contracts.
- Oversee external customer service for providers in accordance with corporate and government regulations and guidelines. Monitor and proactively communicate issues that relate to the relationship between Delta Dental, the dental profession and the general opportunities/challenges in the dental community; assist in providing training programs, communicating new policies and procedures, concepts and trends in the dental profession and the insurance industry.
- Serve as an opinion leader within the marketplace and participate in relevant community activities. Assist Marketing and Sales staff on product design and network matters; use technical, industry, and dental knowledge to perform leadership role in connection with the company’s policy decisions; establish, develop and facilitate dental advisory committees, focus groups and training sessions with dental stakeholders.
- Regularly meet with dentists, clinicians, hygienists, consumers, advocates and community leaders on a one-to-one and/or group basis for the purpose of nurturing strong communications links within and outside the dental community.
- Manage, develop, and evaluate the activities of team for the purpose of meeting provider retention/ growth and provide training as needed. Develop key metrics, prepare reports, analyze relative to the department and corporate strategic and budget plan and implement necessary actions; Conduct the performance management of staff.
- Manage the provider networks including provider negotiations, network re-contracting, along with facilitating credentialing activities with internal operations team.
- Coordinate professional relations activities with other Delta Dental member companies and DDPA.
- Job requires confidentiality with regard to information acquired in carrying out the job functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, concentration in business or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Project management experience in successfully leading cross functional teams and implementing team based solutions.
- 8 -10 years of progressive business related dental/health benefit experience, or dental/health practice management setting or relationship management experience required.
- Proven ability to develop, implement and lead provider network or dental group practice initiatives.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suite applications.
- Strong customer service orientation; ability to handle escalated or more technically complex situations.
- Leadership experience and/or cross functional work team experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, written presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule and travel as needed throughout State of Iowa.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Delta Dental of Iowa is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons without unlawful regard of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, individuals with disabilities, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
EEOC Poster Supplement