The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and reports directly to the Director, Human Resources. This position carries out responsibilities of the employee life-cycle in the following functional areas: benefits administration, recruitment/employment, onboarding, payroll support, employment law compliance.
This position requires a perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization. The generalist must be sensitive to organizational needs and employee goodwill.
- Primary responsibility for ensuring onboarding processes are established and maintained.
- Performs Benefits Administration including change reporting, communicating benefits information to employees, coordinating open enrollments meetings and materials. Verifies benefit billing accuracy on a monthly basis.
- Maintains employee personnel files (electronic files)
- Participates and supports the annual review period
- Primary point of contact for employees seeking assistance with benefits, payroll, time and attendance matters.
- Assists the Director, HR in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; as well as preparation and maintains the employee handbook.
- Files EEO-1 report annually; and maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, conducts new-employee orientations; and writes and places advertisements.
- Assists the Director, HR with employee relations, employee retention and exit interviewing.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Maintains and processes all Unemployment Notices of Entitlement and potential charges in a timely, efficient manner.
- Assists in all annual audit processes
- Ensures compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification; periodically audits Forms I-9.
- Reports, maintains and monitors all workers' compensation case files; follows-up on open cases.
- This position will work a maximum of 25 hours per week, ideally 5 day per week up to 5 hours per day
- Occasional interstate travel may be required for this position.
- Ability to sit, stand or work at a computer for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to approximately 15 lbs
Education and Experience:
- 3-5 years benefit administration and payroll processing experience
- 3- 5 years Human Resource Generalist experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or Professional Human Resources (PHR)
- Bachelor's Degree in HR or related field of study
- Ability to prioritize and be comfortable with multi-tasking
**Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Title IX Notice of Nondiscrimination
Clarke Schools does not discriminate on the basis of sex in admission, administration of its educational programs or activities or employment. Clarke Schools is required by Title IX and its implementing regulations at 34 C.F.R. Part 106 not to discriminate on the basis of sex in admission, administration of its educational programs or activities or employment. The Director, Human Resources, Andrea Harkins, MBA, SHRM-CP, 45 Round Hill Road, Northampton, MA 01060, telephone number 413-582-1155, has been designated as the employee responsible for coordinating Clarke Schools efforts to comply with and carry out its responsibilities under Title IX. Inquiries concerning the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations at 34 C.F.R. Part 106 to Clarke Schools may be referred to Andrea Harkins or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, at 400 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20202-1100, telephone number 800-421-3481.