Fabricates, constructs, and repairs structural woodwork and wood products by following blueprints, drawings, and oral instructions; using carpentry tools and equipment.
* Produces carpentry products and services by following standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
* Determines material requirements and dimensions of structure or fixture to be fabricated by studying blueprints, sketches, or building plans.
* Maintains carpentry supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
* Prepares layout by following carpentry procedures for fabrication of counters, cabinets, benches, partitions, floors, doors, and building framework and trim, using rule, framing square, and calipers.
* Constructs, repairs, and installs structure or fixture by marking cutting and assembly lines on materials; shaping materials to measurements; assembling and fastening cut and shaped materials; using carpenter's hand tools, power tools, and woodworking machinery.
* Ensures construction quality by verifying trueness of structure with plumb bob, carpenter's level, and other measurements.
* Complies with federal, state, and local building codes by adhering to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
* Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
* Conserves carpentry resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
* Ensures operation of carpentry equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
* Provides carpentry information by answering questions and requests.
* Maintains continuity among carpentry work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Attention to Detail, Planning, Power Tools, Conceptual Skills, Supply Management, ADA Requirements, Basic Safety, Equipment Maintenance, Presenting Technical Information, Judgment, Customer Service
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.