The Supply Chain Manager coordinates, organizes, and oversees all activities involved in the identification, acquisition, production, and distribution of the company’s goods.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Seek to build all aspects of the Supply Chain Department by reviewing current methodology and processes
• Work closely with the IT Department to create effective databases to manage and organize warehouse inventory
• Train and instruct other members of the Supply Chain team
• Maintain a friendly and professional relationship with vendors while promoting company initiatives and values
• Research and seek out the most cost-efficient shipment procedures and methods
• Organize and oversee inventory by keeping a detailed database of available inventory and expected usage per project
• Develops and maintains detailed inventories of materials and supplies located in the company, at sites, and in the warehouse.
• Analyzes current inventories and procedures; suggests improvements to increase efficiency of supply chain and profitability for
• Maintains required quantity of supplies and materials to optimize production.
• Research partner companies and seek to negotiate best-price contracts to increase business revenue
• Plan and implement supply chain optimization projects
• Oversees the daily workflow and schedules of the department.
• Collaborates with other departments and stakeholders to identify and maintain resources needed to establish and provide an
effective supply chain.
• Establishes performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of factors affecting the supply chain.
• Develops policies to increase efficiency throughout the supply chain while ensuring quality and safety; implements subsequent
changes to processes.
• Identifies optimal shipment and transportation routes with attention to consolidation of warehousing and distribution.
• Negotiates prices for raw material and delivery with suppliers, vendors, and/or shipping companies.
• Participates as an advisory member of the product development team, providing information and guidance on availability and
cost of supplies and materials.
• Acts as part of the team coordinating engineering changes, product line extension, or new product launches to ensure timely
and orderly material and production flow transitions.
• Monitors the performance of suppliers, assessing their ability to meet quality and delivery requirements; identifies and
qualifies new suppliers in collaboration with other departments.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
• Three years of experience as a supervisor, manager, or similar relevant position required.
Essential Skills and Abilities
• Experience managing and improving supply chain data, information and processes
• Actively seek to improve all aspects of the supply chain by streamlining steps and locating the best prices for inventory
• Professional communication skills are essential when conversing and negotiating with vendors
• Exceptional ability to conceptualize large-picture projects and foresee challenges and needs to be addressed
• Top-level understanding of all aspects of supply chain processes
• Ability to research companies and determine the best vendors to reach out to for various projects
• Previous experience with Supply Chain Management is essential
• Experience working in and maintaining databases using Microsoft Excel and others relevant to company processes
• Supply Chain Management certification is strongly preferred
• Proficiency in MicroSoft Office Products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint (Project experience is a plus)
• Proficiency with cloud-based take off software (Pro-Est preferred)
• Proficiency in SmartSheet is preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with a proven ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with
vendors, suppliers, shippers, and customers.
• Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Thorough understanding of company products and logistics.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.