Encino Energy is seeking to hire a Senior DevOps Engineer within the Development Operations and Data Management team, reporting to the Enterprise Data Architect. The Senior DevOps Engineer is responsible for technical leadership and application development support and process automation needs within Encino Energy. This individual will partner with business and IT stakeholders on solutions. The role will focus on delivering value added solutions and maturing the Development Operations function.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance solutions that automate manual processes within business functions. Specifically, solutions that automate business workflows for business development and planning, onboarding, approval, and handover
- Act as the subject matter expert for Encino’s full-stack development platform
- Partner with Solution Architects on solution design and alignment with development standards and best practices
- Advise on business opportunities for automation and recommend solutions to common business problems
- Provide support on all bespoke applications and solutions and provide timely production issue response and resolution
- Provide regular updates on work planned, in-progress, and completed
- Produce design artifacts and documentation that depicts solution / software design and code base
- Provide comprehensive testing and coordinate user acceptance testing activity. Provide functional testing, as needed
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly reviews and analyses of current processes using operational metrics and reports
- Understand and communicate the financial and operational impact of any changes to solutions
- Expertise in building solutions on the Microsoft Power Platform (Specifically Power Apps, Power Automate, and Power Virtual Agents)
- Experience developing software in C#, Python, PowerShell
- Proficiency with ANSI SQL and knowledge of TSQL
- Experience with Development Operations processes and tool chain and common technologies such as Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Git, Maven Puppet, etc.
- Experience with common data platforms such as Apache Spark & Hadoop, Snowflake
- Experience with data integration tools such as Informatica, Talend, or SSIS
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Azure Cloud
- Experience with common energy industry and ETRM software such a P2 Merrick, P2 Land, P2 Enterprise Upstream, Quorum Land & Accounting, SLB Petrel, Peloton WellView, Openlink Endur, etc.
- Familiarity with the oil and gas value chain and the Petroleum industry
- Detail-oriented, analytical, and inquisitive
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Extremely organized with strong time-management skills
- Understanding of Enterprise Architecture principals and willingness to learn rigorous modeling methodologies
- Strong communication skills including verbal, written, and presentation capabilities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, and engage collaboratively with multiple functions
- Demonstrated track record of leadership, initiative, and multi-functional project management
- Skills and proficiencies in software design, analysis, software maintenance, process improvement, big picture thinking, ArchiMate training a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field of study required (Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent).
- A minimum of five years of experience with development tools and systems, required.
- MCP, MCSD, MCSE certification, preferred.
The percentage of travel anticipated for this position is 5 -10%, including overnight extended stays.
This job is predominately located in a professional office environment with travel to customer locations and occasional travel to the field operations.
This is a full-time position. Encino has a compressed work week with a “4/9/4” Work Schedule. Employees have the option to work four, nine-hour days with the addition of four hours each Friday. Some flexibility in hours is allowed.
Encino Energy is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston. The company is committed to accumulating high potential assets in multiple U.S. basins and to enhancing returns with active discipline and technologically-driven development programs.
Encino Energy is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in recruiting, hiring, developing, compensating, and promoting applicants and its employees. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for employee’s and applicant’s disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Encino Energy does not offer sponsorship of employment-based non-immigrant visa petitions for this role.