Healthcare Bluebook is an industry pioneer - one of the first to expose the true quality and cost of healthcare by making information accessible through a simple digital solution. Our founders are thought-leaders who are sought after for their expertise in one of the fastest growing healthcare markets today. Now consumers can have confidence they’re making high-value healthcare choices when they use Bluebook to identify high-quality doctors and facilities that consistently deliver care at a Fair Price.
Your Job Will Be:
Healthcare Bluebook is looking for a Mid-Level Developer to join our team. Your job will be to build features and support web sites and APIs for Healthcare Bluebook. You will have experience working with the entire SDLC. They should feel comfortable with cloud-based, web applications using Microsoft technology and common open-source tools. They should thrive in a welcoming, collaborative environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete assigned work items, with minimal direction, within the negotiated time frame displaying the ability understand nebulous requirements and produce efficient code.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Bluebook’s development practices and patterns as well as strong problem-solving skills.
- Accept direction and incorporate constructive criticism into your work.
- Quickly build a strong knowledge base of Bluebook’s business.
- The ability to research and resolve urgent customer issues and code defects.
- Demonstrate sound and logical thinking while showing “thinking outside the box” capabilities.
- Actively participate in team meetings, huddles, and code reviews and provide accurate work progress and estimated completion dates.
- Develop an understanding of web site and web api services architecture in a cloud-based environment.
- Include adequate and comprehensive testing scenarios for modifications as well as deliver successful unit test.
- Demonstrate quick learning abilities with technologies new to Bluebook’s stack.
- Work with project management to review scope of work and provide accurate estimates.
Work Experience and Background:
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in software development (.NET preferred)
- At least 1 year work experience working in Azure or similar product (AWS, Google Cloud, etc)
- Work experience in all facets of full stack development (Angular, C#, and T-SQL) is highly preferred
- A team player with strong communication skills who understands the importance of active listening
- A person who thrives in a highly collaborative, open environment
- Software Development Lifecycle with an emphasis on turning requirements into code.
- Relational Database querying and data definition language (T-SQL/DDL) (Microsoft SQL Server)
- Object Oriented Programming (C#)
- Source Control – (TFS, Git)
- HTML and CSS
- Xml and XSLT
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, OneNote)
- Project and Time tracking (Azure VSO, Basecamp)
- Communication Tools (Teams, Slack, Outlook, etc.)