The HR Coordinator assists with the delivery of human resources services and implementation and maintenance of processes, including recruiting, onboarding, benefits and leave administration, HRIS data entry, personnel changes, performance appraisals, job descriptions, policies and procedures, record keeping and filing. The incumbent in this position is required to complete all work in full adherence of applicable organization, HR and payroll policies or procedures as well as state and federal requirements.
• Assist with full recruiting cycle, including posting open positions on various job boards, maintaining applicant tracking system and required documentation, scheduling interviews, reference checks and processing background checks.
• Participate in onboarding and off boarding processes and completion of associated required documentation, i.e. I-9, W-4s, direct deposits as well as exit interviews and termination paperwork.
• Support benefits and leave administration including annual benefits open enrollment processes, broker and insurance carrier research and review, as well as report development.
• Ensure data integrity with HRIS entries, HR and payroll documentation.
• Develop, prepare and generate ongoing and ad-hoc reports pertaining to employee information and data.
• Create and maintain personnel files and HR records.
• Document core HR processes and seek opportunities to automate manual processes and identify process efficiencies.
• Review and ensure accuracy of timekeeping information and bi-weekly payroll.
• Serve as the back-up personnel in processing bi-weekly payroll.
• Assist with completion of verification of employment requests.
• Maintain strict confidentiality regarding benefits, human resources and payroll matters.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
• Minimum two years of relevant HR experience, or the equivalent in education and experience.
• Current knowledge of state and federal employment and payroll laws/regulations and human resources best practices.
• Outstanding interpersonal and collaboration skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
• Experience working with ATS, HRIS and payroll systems such as Paylocity.
• Strong organization skills with a critical eye for attention to detail.
• Solutions focused, with the ability to exercise integrity and sound judgment in ambiguous situations.
• Adept at exploring new ideas and identifying process efficiencies.
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
• Ability to maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality
• Sedentary work that involves sitting most of the time.
• Occasional bending, squatting and kneeling.
• Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and a negligible amount of force is needed at times to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.