Resident Services Specialist
Job title Resident Services Specialist for Village of Five Parks
Reports to Community Association Manager
Classification Nonexempt/Hourly $18.00-$20.00/hr
The purpose of the Resident Services Specialist is to welcome residents and guests to the facility, schedule and assist rentals and fitness programs. Teach residents how to navigate HOA technologies and instruct residents on community and HOA items. The Resident Services Specialist will facilitate, advise, and assist the Community Manager in the daily onsite operations of the association. This includes building community harmony and promoting the general welfare of the community. The Resident Services Specialist is responsible for managing the daily operations of the homeowners Association, including but not limited to amenity supervision, reservation management, financial operating and assisting in managing vendor activity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Available to staff and, residents, Tuesday – Saturday, 9:30am to – 6pm with the possibility of overtime for special events.
• Compiles weekly newsletter and distributes accordingly.
• Manages calendar of private and public events for Village of Five Parks.
• Compiles weekly report for Board of Directors. Distributes every Friday via email to all Board of Directors and Community Association Manager (CAM).
• Assists Community Association Manager and Lifestyle Services Specialist in brainstorming new and exciting events and amenities for Village of Five Parks residents.
• Assists with Community and Private Events as needed.
• Perform daily on-site property checks and compiling action lists. Identify maintenance-related issues and reports findings to the Community Manager, and document maintenance-related issues in computer system.
• Inspects cleanliness of common area amenities after events that are after normal business hours.
• Manages and maintains new resident orientation program for owners and renters.
• Communicate with homeowners on property issues (i.e., special projects, community events, water shutdowns and repairs).
• Provide assistance to residents, staff, and vendors by fulfilling managerial role in lieu of Community Manager when they are on vacation or unavailable.
• Carries out decisions and actions of the Board and/or Community Manager.
• Oversees daily performance of cleaning staff and communicates any issues immediately to Community Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities con’t.
• Assist Community Manager by attending board meetings and committee meetings, including the Annual Members Meeting and help facilitate in areas as needed.
• Assist the Community Manager with meeting notice distribution; collect, collate, and proxy management for annual/special meetings; sign-in of attending homeowners and guest speakers prior to meetings; and publishes meeting minutes on bulletin boards within the Association.
• Partner with CAM and Client Services to establish, maintain and update current community specific information; ensuring information is loaded into Hammersmith’s internal database systems and in order to consistently provide accurate information, communication and service to homeowners.
• Oversee all reservations and any deposits.
• Maintain bulletin boards throughout the Association, which are for association business only.
• Compile monthly Resident Services Specialist report to be included in Board packet that will be presented by Community Manager for Board review.
• Document and report any loss or damage of any nature occurring in the building to the Community Manager with a full understanding of how to handle emergencies when they arise.
• Assist CAM with coordinating work requests with contracted staff.
• Order supplies as required in connection with building and administration and building maintenance.
• Ensure cleanliness and organization of all work areas.
• Operate camera and recording system.
• Performs other activities as requested by the Community Manager or Board of Directors.
• Contribute and be a part of the reserve study and annual budgeting process as it affects areas of responsibility.
• Maintain amenity access database and issues new access cards to residents.
• Manage the recycle cans by placing them on the curb for pick-up, then bringing them back in.
• Interact and support fitness instructors and fitness programs.
• Maintain the DRC Color books, check out books to residents and monitor their return.
• Maintain AV equipment and be able to teach others how to use the technologies.
• Assist in swimming pool access and maintenance.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or change the duties of the position at any time with or without notice.
No supervisory responsibilities.
• Must possess personal values that are in alignment with those of the company, Excellence, Partnership, Professionalism, Integrity and Life Balance
• Skill in attention to detail, decision making, and problem solving
• Skill in business communication
• Skill in delivering excellent customer service
• Skill in operations management
• Skill in strong problem solving and troubleshooting
• Ability to build strong working relationships with Team Members
• Ability to demonstrate tenacity and a strong determination in achieving both company and personal goals/objectives
• Ability to develop and maintain a supportive a communicative partnership with all Directors and Department Managers
• Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
• Ability to perform duties with limited supervision
• Ability to stay alert to potential problems and propose changes to policies and programs
• Ability to utilize different computer software
• Ability to work a flexible schedule in order to meet deadlines
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to be professional in appearance and presentation
• Ability to maintain positive, cordial, businesslike relationships with residents at all times
• Ability to attend after-hours meetings and events as needed
• Must be knowledgeable of building systems including mechanical systems, water shut-offs, electrical cut-offs, etc.
• Demonstrate excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and work effectively on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, demanding environment
• Demonstrated ability to make decisions, lead people and manage resources
• Focused on communication and interaction with various personalities and on problem solving.
• Be dependable/reliable and follow through on commitments, producing timely work, and pitching in to get the job completed
• Be attentive to detail and monitoring adherence to Association standards
• Valid driver’s license
• Great customer service and organizational aptitude
• Must be available within short notice and have transportation readily available
• Must be available for overtime and on-call hours
Typical equipment and tools include computer, printer, 10-key adding machine, telephone, cell phone, other phone-related equipment, copy machine, brooms, mops, vacuum, janitorial supplies/cleaners, maintenance tools/equipment.
Work is performed inside approximately 85 percent of the time. Inspections, tours, deliveries, etc., may be performed, in part, outside.
May be exposed to loud noises during emergencies.
Expected to handle irritated, belligerent, or upset residents or visitors with calmness, diplomacy, and good social skills.
May be exposed to hazardous materials such as paints, cleaners, or other janitorial/maintenance materials.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Approximately 40 percent of the job is done sitting, 30 percent standing and 30 percent walking. Frequently walks, stoops, bends, squats (to retrieve files or pick-up debris). climbs stairs, walks on uneven ground, lifts items less than 15 pounds, and reaches at, below, or above shoulder level. Frequent face-to-face interactions with residents/staff/visitors and must speak clearly and articulate with extreme accuracy to give directions, talk on the phone, etc.
Occasionally may lift items 16-50 pounds, push items 20 pounds, climb ladders, kneel, twist, or grasp/pull/carry/push equipment such as janitorial carts, vacuums, brooms, or mops. Must occasionally withstand heights up to the number of stories in the building. Property Manager must be able to independently get to all areas of the property.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently engage in different types of movement, such as climbing, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials. This position may require occasional lifting of light to medium weight objects.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
Required Education and Experience
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Previous managerial experience required
Preferred Education and Experience
• Previous experience in the property management industry preferred
• Previous experience in hospitality industry preferred
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Tuesday – Saturday, 9:30am – 6PM. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Employee signature below constitutes employee’s understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.