Wayside Publishing is looking for a full-time hands-on Implementation Consultant to help our growing landscape of integrations solution. The ideal candidate will be passionate about supporting data workflows sustaining and enhancing critical business solutions. As the Implementation Consultant you must be able to understand the challenges of translating business needs into technical reality. As part of the Operations team, you will work closely with the Digital Innovation and Instructional Technology team to administer and support the infrastructure for various integration applications for our Learning Site, including software upgrade, troubleshooting, performance tuning, and day to day maintenance.
All of our positions require flexibility and occasionally additional responsibilities will include providing customers and other employees with technical/digital support as applicable. If you genuinely love helping people and have a passion for delivering the highest level of customer service, this may be an excellent opportunity for you.
- Provides technical, business consulting and product expertise to customers enabling comprehensive solution to be delivered to the end user.
- Proactively communicates and collaborates with external customers and internal teams on technical discussions to understand needs and functional requirements.
- Determines the scope of the implementation technology solution and the resources required to successfully complete.
- Acts as the subject matter expert on; requirements elicitation, requirements analysis, and management, documenting requirements for development, and the communication of business needs.
- Understands the current state of the customer’s organization while at the same time, tracking to the vision of where a customer wants to be.
- Produces and manages client-facing documentation.
- Serves as the conduit between the customer community, and the Digital Innovation and Informational Technology team to achieve successful project functionality.
- Trains new clients on the essentials of systems to get them started on implementations.
- Identifies areas for process improvement within and makes recommendations to Leadership.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Requires a bachelor’s degree
- 3-5+ years’ experience as a Technical Support Representative or Business or Systems Analyst
- Certifications in technology and network systems a plus
- Extensive experience documenting software requirements, and associated methodologies.
- Very strong analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements for development.
- Working knowledge of CSV files.
- Experience working with LMSs such as Canvas, Schoology, Infinite Campus, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse customer group including; executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- A good understanding of data security best practices
- Ability to independently manage, prioritize and execute workload and projects in a high-pressure environment.
- Proven ability to deal with ambiguity in a rapidly changing business environment.
- Creative, flexible, and takes initiative.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Health insurance with options for supplemental insurances (Dental, Vision, Accident)
- Short Term and Long Term Disability policies paid by the company
- Life insurance policy paid by the company with options for increased coverage
- Retirement savings plan with company contribution
- Paid holidays
- Work/life balance as a company value
We believe that traditional hiring policies can hurt the most marginalized people in society, including people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQ people. Because we believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
Wayside Publishing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.