NATURE & SCOPE
Customer Support Representative will perform, under supervision of the Technical Business Coordinator: tasks and communications related to customer requests and provide feedback to customer to improve sample submissions they send for testing to SORA Labs. A successful candidate will be expected to maintain confidentiality and perform all job functions in accordance with applicable SOP’s and with FDA, OSHA, EPA, and ISO standards and regulations.
The responsibilities of the Customer Support Representative include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Local travel (between sites): Rare (<5%)
• Out of state travel: None
• Accurate data entry activities related to new customer set-up, sample testing entry, and other work as assigned to ensure on-time delivery of customer certificate of analysis.
• Organize customer communications and maintain customer files including sending acknowledgements, answering submission for questions, specification and lot# clarification, results delay emails, and notifying quality regarding customer complaints and other customer communication.
• Act as the business receptionist answering calls and questions along with investigating inquiries to provide information back to customers.
• Manage several SORA Labs email inboxes and organized requests and replies to customer requests.
• Receive, open and sort incoming customer samples and lab supplies as shipments are received.
• Share duties for accounting activities related to PO’s and receivers as assigned.
• Scan in sample submission forms and accurately rename and organize into sales transactions folder.
• Update testing record when customer adds or cancels testing along with locating samples as needed for additional work or other lab information.
• Monitor customer order patterns and notify sales of any unusual activity or lack of orders for unknown reasons.
• Adhere to document control procedures with understanding of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and ISO 17025 requirements.
• Provide quotes from calls, emails and other communication as needed.
• Cross-train to serve as office staff backup to cover time-off when needed.
• Written and/or verbal communication with customers regarding samples.
• Management retains the right to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• No related work experience is required for this position.
• Science background a plus.
• Excel and Word experience with good communication, grammar, writing, and mathematical abilities.
• Ability and desire to learn new software as well as SORA laboratories capabilities.
• Must be flexible and able to handle multiple projects and priorities.
• Must be able to work independently and in an organized and reliable manner.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs and walk up and down stairs.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality of company meetings and correspondence.
• Work is carried out in an office within a laboratory/factory setting. There is limited exposure to dietary supplement raw materials and/or finished products. Occasional use of a laboratory balance may be required. All applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as safety glasses, gloves, etc. must be worn when required.