In this role, the engineer will perform bridge inspections, write condition reports, schedule inspections, coordinate subs, and ensure safety. He/She will also direct the work of an ATL to assist in conducting field inspections.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
• Active NYS PE
• 3 + years recent Bridge Inspection experience, long span and overhead sign inspection experience; NYSTA, TBTA, Port Authority of NY&NJ, NYSDOT experience; climbing certification and experience preferred
• NHI Bridge Safety Inspection Course or NYSDOT Bridge Inspection Workshop, plus required safety certifications, i.e. OSHA
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to document bridge conditions in a clear concise manner
• Strong attention to detail and quality
• Physically able to perform field inspection work, e.g. carry/climb ladders, wade in streams, work around traffic, etc.
• Valid, unrestricted driver’s license