The Employer Talent Consultant is part of the newly-envisioned Employer Engagement Team and has the unique opportunity to build and grow the consulting practice offered as an employer service through Detroit’s workforce development system. This role will provide talent consulting services to select employer partners and hands-on support to the execution of team strategies and initiatives to enrich the workforce development system.
The consultant specializes in using an evidence-based approach for determining an organization's talent needs, designing employer branding techniques, and lifting potential sources for finding qualified Detroiters to meet those needs. These consultants may conduct the actual recruiting for positions when mutually-agreed upon with Career Center staff and when the employer engagement strategy dictates.
This role is a part of a team of managers and staff who regularly interact with employers both in Metro-Detroit and nationally as they explore the best ways to access Detroit talent. The whole team reports to the Director of Employer Engagement.
• Works under the direction of the Director of Employer Engagement and closely with Engagement Strategy and Engagement Initiative Managers
• Based on modern and recommended talent management practices, consults with employers to develop talent strategies that maximize the services offered by Detroit at Work as a part of that plan in tandem with Detroit at Work leaders and staff, and specifically the Career Centers.
• Acts as the central coordinator for large or strategic employers that interact with various components of the Detroit at Work system, from recruitment, to training design, to an outreach plan.
• Educates employer partners on current job trends and the best ways to attract candidates, including utilizing social media platforms and search engine optimization techniques for job ads, setting budgets for and creating recruiting materials, managing a system for tracking candidates, and creating a positive hiring experience for all candidates.
• Creates regular communications, presentations, and reports on progress of talent plans and recruitment activities for team members and employer partners
• Compiles, organizes, and shares complex data, including developing effective and timely methods for communicating employer needs and hiring trends to key partners
• Cultivates and maintains positive relationships with employer partners, talent sources, and Detroit at Work Career Center staff; participates in complimentary programs and initiatives as the work leads to such as large-scale employer career fairs and the development of marketing and collateral materials
• High level of critical and creative thinking with a demonstrated ability to produce results
• Demonstrated experience in crafting and implementing robust project and talent plans
• Understanding of budgets, research, and project management
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; skilled in succinct compositions and presentation design
• Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, etc.) and advanced experience working within a Customer Relationship Management system (Salesforce or Microsoft Dynamics preferred)
• Open to working outside of the typical workday to meet with stakeholders and attend community events
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. US work authorization is required.
Education and Experience:
• Experience working with leaders at all level of organizations; up to and including the C-Suite a plus
• 5+ years of progressive responsibility in human resources, talent acquisition, or workforce development
• Background in or exposure to workforce development through employers, community-based organizations, or government highly-desirable
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Master’s Degree in Business, Public Administration, Human Resources or a related field preferred
Detroit Employment Solutions Corporation (DESC) is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity within the organization. DESC actively seeks applications from women, persons of color, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and other underrepresented groups.