The Engagement Initiative Manager is part of the newly-envisioned Employer Engagement Team and has the unique opportunity to build and grow specific initiatives to benefit Detroit’s workforce system for a particular employer or a select partner, such as the City of Detroit, Detroit Public Schools Community District, or Career Centers in the city. This role will execute high-visibility projects intended to ultimately enhance employer service delivery and affect changes to the workforce development system through creative and nimble design techniques. The position will lead Detroit at Work’s involvement in an intentional manner working in partnership with Detroit at Work leaders and staff.
This role is a part of a team of Engagement Strategy and Engagement Initiative Managers who all report to the Director of Employer Engagement.
• Works under the direction of the Director of Employer Engagement
• Designs project plans that maximize Detroit at Work’s resources to successfully execute initiatives and programs due to a specific employer request, compliance mandate, or workforce development system enhancement
• Cultivates and maintains relationships with key personnel, primarily within the public sector but also with business, labor, and community, to ensure success of initiatives
• Performs, summarizes, and shares applied and proven research to inform effective evidence-based decisions for initiatives and programs responsible for
• Collects and analyzes data relative to the talent needs of particular initiatives
• Designs targeted marketing and outreach strategies with the Communications team
• High level of critical and creative thinking with a demonstrated ability to produce results
• Demonstrated experience in crafting and implementing robust project plans and creative strategic plans
• Understanding of budgets, research, and project management
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; skilled in succinct compositions and presentation design
• Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, etc.) and advanced experience working within a Customer Relationship Management system (Salesforce or Microsoft Dynamics preferred)
• Open to working outside of the typical workday to meet with stakeholders and attend community events
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. US work authorization is required.
Education and Experience:
• Experience working with leaders at all level of organizations, including the C-Suite, and particularly with civic and community leaders
• Experience in and/or knowledge of the public sector and operational practices in that environment
• 5+ years of progressive responsibility in business, external affairs, public administration, or higher education; preferably in an externally-facing role
• Background in or exposure to workforce development through employers, community-based organizations, or government highly-desirable
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Master’s Degree in Business, Public Administration, Human Resources or a related field preferred
Detroit Employment Solutions Corporation (DESC) is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity within the organization. DESC actively seeks applications from women, persons of color, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and other underrepresented groups.