Greenville University is seeking a dynamic leader for the position of Associate Director of Leadership Development and Student Engagement, for a 12 month position.
Student Engagement and Welfare
- Develop a sustainable discipleship/mentoring program for students.
- Develop a sustainable peer small group program for students to engage with other students.
- Title IX Investigator
- Committee participation
- Develop a leadership certificate curriculum. Manage these logistics once the process is clarified.
- One-on-ones with Student Government (GSGA) cabinet members
- GCSA cabinet meetings
- Student Senate meetings
- Cabinet events
- Supervise Executive and Artistic Director of Factory Theatre
- Manage Upper Union space and its events (as needed)
- Facilitate Walkabout Wilderness Leadership Program in July/August.
- Activity Course (wilderness experience for student leaders)
- Freshmen Experience Course
- Coordinate New Student Orientation along with the Associate Vice President of Community Life
- Serve as Community Life liaison with Admissions for Panther Visit Days and Panther Registration Days
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree preferred.
- Relevant experience in student development.
- Clear understanding and appreciation of the mission and value of Christian higher education.
- Excellent people skills. Team oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to lead, manage, and motivate students.
- High level of computer technology proficiency and aptitude.
- Commitment to Christ and the Christian ideals of Greenville University, including all aspects of the Growing and Learning Together Lifestyle Statement. This position is expected to follow the lifestyle guidelines outlined in that statement.
Dean of Students
The university is located 50 miles east of St. Louis in an attractive residential community of approximately 7,000 people. Greenville University was founded in 1892 and is affiliated with the Free Methodist Church, yet draws students from 40+ denominations. For additional information, please visit our website: www.greenville.edu
It is the policy of Greenville University not to discriminate on the basis of age, color, ethnic or national origin, disability, race, gender or prior military service in its educational programs, admissions or employment policies. Greenville University is committed to an environment of cultural and ethnic diversity; women and minorities are encouraged to apply.