About Ayers Saint Gross
Ayers Saint Gross is an internationally recognized, employee-owned design firm, with expertise in architecture, planning, landscape architecture, graphic design, interiors, and space analytics. Since our founding in 1912, we have built a reputation for designing environments of enduring value. The focus of our expertise and the majority of our work supports mission-driven clients, particularly colleges, universities, and cultural institutions. Our design approach is inspired by a critical and analytical discourse, a respect for past wisdom, a mind to future potential, and a belief that we have an obligation to leave places better than we found them. Our mission is to engage people and places to create designs that enrich our world. With over 165 professionals, we are headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland with offices in Washington, DC and Tempe, Arizona.
We are looking for a Senior Planner to collaborate with client-focused design professionals in support of the firm’s architectural planning and design efforts for the Tempe, Arizona office. Projects typically overlap the disciplines of planning, architecture, urban design, landscape architecture, and graphic design, and staff are usually working on more than one project at a time. Project types span large public institutions to smaller elite privates. All projects focus on long term strategic planning and creating an alignment of physical assets. The Arizona Studio has a national presence with an emphasis on institutions on the west and south.
The ideal candidate is an energetic professional with a superb work ethic and a desire to lead and work with multi-disciplinary teams to provide research and graphic design support on all types of projects including master planning, space programming, feasibility studies, and urban design at multiple scales (city/site/building). Additionally, the candidate should have interest in problem solving for higher education and cultural projects, be a team player, self-starter, and results-oriented individual.
Candidate will work with architects, planners and landscape architects on a variety of tasks including:
• Diagramming or mapping
• 3D modeling – SketchUp, Revit, Rhino
• Producing presentation graphics and renderings
• Creating presentations
• Existing conditions documentation
• Support marketing and business development activities
• Bachelor’s (required) or Master’s (preferred) degree in combination of Architecture (preferred), Landscape Architecture, Planning, and/or Urban Design.
• 5-8 years practical experience
• Outstanding skill with Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), AutoCAD, SketchUp, Rhino and/or 3D Studio Max
• Basic Revit and BIM knowledge and capabilities preferred
• Basic GIS understanding and capabilities
• Exceptional graphic communication abilities
• Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to collaborate on large teams as well as work independently
• Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Capacity for regular project-related and inter-office travel
Why work at Ayers Saint Gross?
• We are a design-driven firm working with exceptional clients.
• We are an employee-owned company, with over 100 years of design excellence.
• We encourage our employees to pursue local and professional advocacy groups.
• We provide the opportunity to help with pro-bono initiatives that bring Architecture and Design to the community.
ASG is a respected leader in the community offering a highly energized work environment. For additional information and to apply online, please visit our website at www.asg-architects.com. Please include a link to your online portfolio in your resume.
Ayers Saint Gross is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.