Downtown Dallas, Inc. (DDI) is seeking Security Professionals who believe Downtown Dallas is a place where all feel welcomed and inspired to DREAM BIG! The position is ideal for a driven, team-oriented security professional who has great customer service skills and can engage with tourists, business professionals, property managers and residents. The ideal candidate embodies values of Integrity, Respect, Service, Courage, Trustworthy and Unity.
• Provide a visible uniformed presence by patrolling designated areas enhancing security and perception of safety in Downtown Dallas
• Act as an ambassador to Downtown; observe and report while providing resources and referrals to individuals to resolve quality of life issues
• Collaborate with partners, including Dallas Police Department and DDI Homeless Outreach Team to address quality of life issues.
• Display exceptional customer service to citizens and visitors by providing assistance and/or information, as needed.
• Conduct proactive patrols of Downtown Parks and Plazas; monitor high pedestrian areas to deter crime; collect and input data into daily reporting program.
• Assist with basic first aid, if needed.
• Provide support for special events as a security professional or ambassador.
• Complete daily activity reports and other assignments as specified by your shift supervisor.
• Represent Downtown Dallas and DDI in a professional manner on the job, at meetings, or special events.
• High School Diploma or GED Certificate
• Must be 21 years of age or older
• Must have a valid Texas Driver’s License
• Level III Commissioned Security Officer or the ability to complete the requirements for becoming a Level III Commissioned Security Officer in the State of Texas within 30 days.
• Minimum of two years’ work experience in related field
• Must be able to ride a bicycle
• Ability to work early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Ability to work in extreme heat or cold conditions with variations in weather.
• Must be authorized to work in the United States
About Downtown Dallas, Inc.
Downtown Dallas, Inc. is the principal advocate, champion, and steward of Downtown, effecting change by developing strategies, setting targets, and mobilizing resources.
Downtown Dallas, Inc. provides a full benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, Paid Time Off (PTO), 401k and much more.
Join the Downtown Dallas, Inc. and be part of a great culture, gain a wealth of experience and be a part of team that has a purpose of serving Downtown Dallas.
Downtown Dallas, Inc. is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Downtown Dallas, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Pay Rate: $14.00/ hr