Through its Professional Services program, CSD’s highly skilled and experienced resources work closely with its partners and customers to maximize their capacity for achieving their organization’s mission. With a wide range of subject matter experts within its Finance, Technology, Training, HR, Legal, Marketing, and PR Departments, CSD Professional Services offers day to day business operational, programmatic, and consulting support to educational institutions serving deaf students, deaf owned businesses, and deaf services oriented non-profit agencies.
The partners and customers served by CSD Professional Services also include Fortune 500 companies looking to address deaf employee and/or customer accessibility challenges, assess the user experience of their products and services within the deaf community, and marketing their products and service offerings to the deaf community.
The Project Operations Manager facilitates the implementation of effective and efficient operational, financial and compliance activities to deliver projects between CSD’s Professional Services and contractual obligations with clients. The Project operations manager will be responsible for ensuring project success and achievement of strategic company objectives. The Project Operations Manager will play an active role in the project, as well as managing and directing project resources.
- Leads project activities through CSD’s Professional Services workflow including development, scheduling, and execution of project plans, monitoring of resource availability and allocations, defining deadlines, assigning responsibilities, monitoring service delivery progress against defined milestones, reviewing employee time tracking reports against plan, and validating deliverables, quality, invoicing, punch list tracking, and contract close out
- Ensures project development and deliverables are compliant with contractual requirements as defined in a project’s professional service agreement or statement of work with its customer
- Utilizes project management best practices in accordance with CSD standards including documentation, project scope, change management, and purchase requests
- Provides stakeholders, partners, and customers with regular status reports on project progress against plan
- Supports internal project review sessions with functional department representatives to convert service requests into formal proposals detailing services CSD can provide to its partners and customers
- Identifies project risks and recommends appropriate resolutions to stay within the defined scope, budget and schedule
- Manages and leads project scope changes as needed
- Addresses questions and concerns of project team, management and clients in a professional and confident manner
- Ensures project deliverables meet customer expectations
- Develops and implements project management procedures and methodologies to achieve business goals
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To perform the essential functions of this position successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ability to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and to be conscientious about assignment deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; with the ability to lead discussions with facts and data at all leadership levels of the organization and with contractual customer relationships in ASL
- Skill in conflict resolution and risk mitigation with an ability to uphold a high level of professionalism while dealing with others to maintain constructive and collaborative working relationships in a cross-functional virtual environment of diverse stakeholders
- Highly motivated, self-directed, and ability to prioritize and multitask, and work independently with minimal supervision while managing various project elements simultaneously
- Ability to see the big picture while maintaining attention to detail
- Service delivery and project management expertise in a virtual business-to-business and customer service environment.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and project management tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Project Management, or a related field from an accredited college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Master’s degree or MBA (PREFERRED)
- Seven years of project management experience, including tracking and leading projects involving complex relationships between stakeholders and customers
- Ability to communicate effectively using American Sign Language
Work Environment / Physical Requirements
This position is largely self-directed and requires understanding and compliance with company policies, procedures, and values. The position works in a virtual office environment utilizing a computer and standard office equipment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required interact collaboratively with the team and stakeholders, and communicate via phone, videophone, or text messaging. The employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The position may require travel up to 5%.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Communication Service for the Deaf, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability status, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.