SAGE Black is HIRING!
SAGE Black provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes Employer-Paid Healthcare, Profit Sharing, Bonuses, Team off-sites and a generous Training budget. We have taken several actions to ensure our Team does not have to worry about their job or their finances during these difficult economic times as our Country deals with the COVID-19 Pandemic. SAGE Black is growing leaps and bounds and is looking to grow its team with motivated individuals looking to grow their career.
SAGE Black is kicking-off a newly awarded long-term GEOINT program and is looking for talented software engineers/developers that want to not only do exciting development for one of numerous positions we have in both California (San Diego area) and Colorado (Denver area) but do those things in DIRECT support of the Intelligence Community, men and women in uniform, and partners around the world. Nothing boring here! SAGE Black is a Woman-Owned Small Business that promotes from within, focuses on family/work balance and is searched out by larger defense contractors to partner with due to the quality of our team and strong past performance. Our passion for our work quality is surpassed only by our Team focused approach. You will not be considered an employee here but a Team Member. In every program we support, SB is considered a tier one partner and we are in a growth mode to support more of our many national programs and we make a difference every day!
The Software Engineer (SWE) will be part of an Agile development team and responsible for building applications top to bottom and functioning in a complex, fast moving, and ever-changing environment. Ability to communicate within the scrum team is not only important but paramount for the success of the team. The SWE will be part of the design, development, testing and integration stages and therefore an integral position within each of the programs. Since we have constant feedback from our partners and end users, you will get the opportunity to see what you do each day impact the performance of our intelligence missions around the world. This of course means that each SWE that applies MUST possess an ACTIVE TS/SCI government security clearance with the ability to pass a Counterintelligence (CI) Poly sometime in the future.
If the above sounds like you, SAGE Black wants to talk to you!
• Current TS/SCI Security Clearance
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of experience in software development
• Demonstrated experience integrating multiple applications
• Demonstrated experience using rapid prototyping and Agile based software development methodologies
• Passion to do the right thing the first time
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• Understanding of machine learning concepts
• Understanding of web application development concepts
• Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Redis, Kafka, SciPy, NumPy, Pandas
• AWS API experience
• Security+ Certification
• Familiarity with enterprise client/server software architectures – COTS and FOSS integration
• Full software development lifecycle functions including requirements definition, software design, developing, testing, debugging and documenting
• Experience developing automated testing units for developed software
• Solid knowledge of data structures and the uses/advantages/disadvantages of each along with strong analytic and debugging skills
• Experience with serialization techniques such as XML, JSON or BSON
• Experience developing software for Windows or Linux Operating Systems
• AWS Certification (Developer, DevOps and/or, Architect, etc.)
SAGE black is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.