For over two decades, Hourigan has established itself as the “go-to” firm when it comes to managing complex projects and delivering them to the highest standards. Our portfolio is filled with many success stories, but we’re most proud of the strong relationships we have built and continue to grow. Our relationship-centered approach starts with our employees. We are looking for people who embody our values of fairness, integrity, and trust. We want self-starters who take ownership in their work and value building and maintaining relationships every step along the way. We take pride in our desire to become better every day, providing our employees with opportunities to develop both personally and professionally.
We have an opening for a collaborative and driven individual to join our team as a Project Manager. The Project Manager is responsible for driving the project to completion on-time, within budget, while providing an exceptional experience for our owners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for full project ownership including, but not limited to:
o Coordinate all activities with the Superintendent and project team.
o Own all project finances
o Organize, understand, and maintain up-to-date contract documents.
o Prepare the project construction schedule in conjunction with the Superintendent and required subcontractor input.
o Coordinate the intent and implementation of the final project budget
o Review and approve all subcontracts
o Approve master submittal schedule and submittal log.
o Schedule and conduct regular owner and subcontractor coordination and preconstruction meetings.
o Receive, review, document, and administrate the resolution to all project specific issues.
o Manage and maintain project schedules
o Assist the Superintendent in implementation and coordination of Hourigan on-site quality control and safety procedures.
o Oversee and management of all subcontractor Requests for Information and Requests for Proposal forms.
o Manage the Owner Change Order Requests process
o Prepare and distribute all subcontractor Change Orders and associated budget revisions.
o Prepare and distribute the monthly Owner Applications for payment.
o Oversight of all project administrative logs and close-out activities.
o Help drive the site specific safety plan and the importance of a safety-first mindset
• Comfortable managing multiple projects at varying stages within a lifecycle.
• Manage a small team of employees, providing oversight, direction, and mentoring in accordance to Hourigan’s policies and procedures.
• Foster and cultivate a team culture that aligns with Hourigan’s mission and values.
• Participate in the Hourigan Safety and Health Management System (SHMS) by committing to safe work practices, raising concerns, attending and applying safety and health training, and eliminating hazards within your capability and control and the help of safety staff.
• Provide resources and support to ensure positive safety and health outcomes in line with the Hourigan SHMS.
Qualifications and Experience:
• B.S. in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field position or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• At least 5-7 years of industry experience, preferably in general contracting.
• Extensive experience and knowledge of Construction estimating, means and methods, accounting, document administration, and a thorough understanding of industry practices.
• Application of LEED certifications is preferred.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
• Experience with scheduling software, Textura, CMiC, and Bluebeam preferred.
• Previous experience managing employees preferred.
• Exhibits Hourigan’s commitment to excellence through meeting and exceeding both internal and external customer expectations and displaying only the utmost integrity.
• Some periodic travel may be required.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, and life insurances, short-term and long-term disability, 401k employer match, and paid time off.
The summary of essential duties and responsibilities listed above is not intended to cover all possible job duties and is subject to change at our discretion.
Hourigan is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or protected Veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.