TOK is seeking a Maintenance Technician for the Idaho State Police facility to be responsible for overall operations and maintenance of the property with regards to carpentry, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and general maintenance of both internal and external aspects of the property.
Due to the secure nature of this building, there is an EXTENSIVE background check that will be required for the candidate.
Position pays $15-$16 per hour
Who We Are:
- Locally and independently owned company founded in 1991.
- The leading commercial real estate firm in Idaho.
- Voted by our employees as one of Idaho’s Best Places to Work for thirteen (13!) consecutive years. We encourage you to join our team and see why!
As an ISP Maintenance Technician, a typical day includes performing these essential duties and responsibilities:
- Serves as the first line of contact as liaison between property tenants and property manager in regards to property maintenance.
- Responsible for performing general maintenance including fixing and maintaining lighting fixtures and responding to basic plumbing issues as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring that all safety hazards are identified and remediated prior to work beginning.
- Provide information, recommendation and solutions utilizing problem solving and analytical thinking.
- Accountable for completion of work orders as well as efficient management of time and materials.
- Performs repairs and maintains physical structures of the property, using hand tools and power tools in various facets (i.e. electrical, structural, plumbing, etc.)
- Reliable and predictable attendance required.
- Other maintenance duties as assigned by Management.
Please note- we utilize a system to generate follow-up emails to you regarding your application. Sometimes these emails are caught in spam/junk folders. Please check your spam/junk folder for correspondence regarding the status of your application.
Essential knowledge, skills and abilities needed to succeed:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Some college or trade school preferred.
- HVAC experience and certification a strong plus.
- A minimum 3 years of experience in a building maintenance related field required. Intermediate knowledge of commercial building maintenance required.
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance required.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of basic office equipment.
- Ability to work with limited technical guidance and independence in accordance with work orders, verbal instruction and drawings.
- Displays and operates with discretion in matters of confidentiality when dealing with tenants and co-workers.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, time management, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to consistently provide legendary customer service within professional relationships. Communication is always clear, concise and timely.
- A proven track record of being successful in both team based efforts as well as independent work. Ability to be resourceful and analytical is required.
Essential Physical Abilities:
- Must be able to effectively communicate with clients and team members, as well as be able to interpret instructions and exchange accurate information.
- Must have sufficient visual and mental perception, which allows the employee to comprehend written work requirements, and determine necessary actions required to meet the finished product standards.
- Must be able to lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds as well as walk, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl, and work indoors or outdoors that may require exposure to inclement weather.
- Must be able to move, transport, install, and remove equipment in various situations.
- Must be able to occasionally ascent/descend on a ladder to help perform any necessary maintenance beyond a certain height.