DEPARTMENT: Community Services
POSITION TITLE: RSVP Healthy Bones & Balance Program
LOCATION: Northampton/Remote Work From Home
SUPERVISOR: RSVP Program Director
The RSVP Healthy Bones & Balance Program Coordinator administrates all aspects of the Healthy Bones & Balance Program including program implementation and training. HBB trains volunteers to lead strength and balance exercise classes for seniors.
1. Monitors program fidelity and performance of class leaders and sites, including yearly visits to each class.
2. Collaborates with the HBB Master Trainer to plan and provide in-person and digital training for both incoming and experienced volunteer leaders.
3. Manages class start-up process in collaboration with program sites, including publicity, leader recruitment, and administration.
4. Works with Volunteer Manager & Coordinator to recruit and select volunteer leaders.
5. Coordinates volunteers including managing volunteer placement and hours reporting in the volunteer database.
6. Orients program site staff to roles and responsibilities and provides ongoing support.
7. Works with HBB Master Trainer to develop and maintain up-to-date program training manuals and electronic training content including videos.
8. Coordinates yearly program evaluation surveys.
9. Problem-solves with volunteers and program sites.
10. Manages and distributes program supplies.
11. Provides other assistance to the RSVP program as directed.
12. When schedule requires remote work, expected to be available for meetings, calls, responding to emails, and conducting regular duties.
13. Required to work some evenings and weekends, as the position requires.
14. Required to travel throughout service area, with regular trips to expansion sites in Hampden County, and out of the area as needed.
15. Participates in professional development activities, team meetings, regularly scheduled supervision, mandatory agency trainings, and other relevant trainings.
16. Maintains strictest confidentiality.
17. Complies with agency and funders’ paperwork requirements and procedures.
18. Other duties required for the management of the RSVP project and grant.
This does not cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may be adjusted to meet the operational needs the RSVP project and grant.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of Criminal Offender Record check (C.O.R.I.) prior to hire and every three years. Successful completion of the National Service Criminal History Check components, including the NSOPW, state check, and FBI check. Evidence of a good driving record and ability to be covered under Community Action’s non-owned and hired vehicle policy.