DH MISSION, VISION 2021
DH is a public relations, advertising and branding agency based in beautiful Spokane, Washington. We have a team of 28 people and are looking for a talented individual to join our team. We work with an impressive list of clients from all over the Northwest and beyond. Our mission is to empower people, causes and organizations to create positive change. And our vision is to create a more connected and positive society.
Diversity fuels us and our work. DH works to make the world more connected, inclusive and just. We believe that empowering people means making space for and raising diverse voices inside our agency, with our clients and in our community.
We foster a culture of inclusivity and respect, encouraging and supporting employees as they bring their whole, authentic selves to our work. Our diverse identities, perspectives and experiences make us better problem-solvers and communicators — making our work more impactful.
We’re hiring an account executive, preferably with agency experience. This position is the DH backbone. A detail wrangler. An organizer. A communications zealot.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
Plans, coordinates and directs public relations, communication and marketing strategies for a range of accounts. Serves as a proactive leader on assigned accounts, providing direction and counsel to other members of the team. Responsible for supporting new business development efforts and representing DH in the community.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, coordinate and direct integrated communication strategy, tactics and deliverables
- Co-lead/manage smaller internal account teams by making assignments, setting deadlines and monitoring budget and workflow
- Help determine marketing strategy and budgets utilizing knowledge of integrated public relations, communications and marketing models
- Vendor coordination with graphic designers, web programmers, photographers, media buyers, freelance consultants, marketing partners, etc.
- Develop proposals and budgets
- Effectively utilize agency tools to manage agile workflow and budgets
- Analyze research data to identify trends and key findings
- In partnership with senior team members, serve as primary contact with client
- Conduct market research
- Purchase and produces media
- Assist on other accounts as required
- Deliver high quality, error-free work
- Participate in local public speaking opportunities and presentations
- Basic understanding of integrated communication strategies
- Basic understanding and proficiency in a broad range of client services
- Understand how to effectively communicate and work with a variety of learning styles
- Adhere to industry and professional code of ethics (PRSA)
- Bring new ideas and best practices to the firm
- Solid expertise in time management
- Work independently and as a team
- Participate in key initiatives that will better the firm
- Begin to develop relationships with community members
- Support firm business development efforts, proposal writing and new business meetings
- Attend community and professional events
- Manage billing and workflow planning on accounts you lead or substantially support
- Manage account profitability in collaboration with account lead
- 65% of time spent performing billable work
- Maintain 10% or less in write-offs on all accounts
- Demonstrate mastery of tactical development across integrated communication and research strategies
- Consistently meet internal and external account deadlines
- Demonstrate the ability to bring new ideas in the development of account strategy
- Demonstrate the ability to lead projects and/or accounts under $10,000, including client relationship, strategy development, budget, timeline and execution
- 3-5 years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, advertising or a related field
Interested? Please send along your resume and a link to your portfolio or writing samples. If you do not have an online portfolio, please combine your resume and all of your materials into one pdf and attach.