Position Title: Registered Nurse Health Service
Position Reports To: Program Supervisor and Medical Director
Duties and Tasks:
• Prepares patients for visits with providers by performing and recording vital signs including blood pressure, temperatures, pulse, weight, and other procedures as needed.
• Collect record and maintain patient information such as medical history, reports and examination results.
• Reviews patients’ medical records for completeness and updates prior to patients’ visit.
• Assists in routine medical examinations by preparing the patient, the equipment, and supplies and assisting the provider as needed.
• Assist in preparing routine diagnostic request forms.
• Occasional lifting of patients with assistance, reaching, handling, and fingering of instruments and caring of patient needs.
• Books patients for tests and appointments with outside facilities and/or specialist.
• Provides guidance to non-clinical staff regarding clinical issues (i.e. phone triage).
• Prescribe or administer treatment, medication, vaccination, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness to patients including children and infants.
• Refer patient to medical specialist or other practitioner when necessary.
• Understand and follow VIP’s “Mission Statement”, Organizational Policies and Structure.
• Performs other job related duties as required or assigned.
• Supervision and support to the medical assistants.
• Responsible for meaningful use and PCMH requirements and staff training.
• Infectious Control training
• Lead support to the medical director in the continue quality assurance (CQI) monthly meetings.
• Produce CQI monthly report a quality measures to present to the board.
• Support the quality assurance director with review of patient charts and reports.
• Assist with the annual UDS report and assure all quality measures are being ?followed.
• Maintain logs; Refrigerate temperature logs, VFC orders and logs, consent forms.
• Current NYS Registered Nurse
• Current Infection Control Certificate
• Current BCLS
• Minimum 2 years similar work, internship, or volunteer experience required
• Bilingual in Spanish
• Proficiency with computers technology
• Demonstrate interpersonal relationship skills
• Demonstrates written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to interact effectively with all populations served.