Lake Chabot is hiring for the Cook and Cashier position. Be working in 1 - 7 days after a video interview, background check and drug test.
Responsible for preparing and cooking all food as requested by members and Guests. Also responsible for money-handling and cashiering of food & drink orders.
Responsible for preparing and cooking all food as requested by members and Guests. Follow all Touchstone safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
Essential job functions:
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
- Adhere to recipe specification
- Ensure all food is put away, labeled, dated and rotated swiftly
- Be aware of all menu and price changes (room and time changes for banquets)
- Maintain server awareness of all food product, ingredients and daily specials
- Responsible for proper production levels of food
- Understand proper ticket / menu reading
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Check quality of ingredients
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages
- Perform additional duties as required.
- Responds to additional Transmits orders to bar and kitchen by recording patrons' choices; identifying patrons' special dietary needs and special requests of member/guest requirements by inquiring of needs; observing dining process.
- To efficiently serve food in a friendly and courteous manner. To follow the service sequence and standards of the club according to the training manual.
- To have complete knowledge of all menu items including preparation of those items.
- To ensure that food preparation and presentations are proper throughout the guests dining experience. Proper timing and coordination with the kitchen for timely food deliveries.
- To ensure proper set up and maintenance of the kitchen service stations, both hot and cold lines. Including condiment area, soup area and dessert area. All plates dollied, stacked and ready.
- To ensure sufficient set-ups for service area, service trays are clean and neatly stacked, bread plates and napkins are prepared and stacked, condiments are clean and ready for each service delivery.
- Must be able to frequently sit, stand, bend, kneel, walk and crouch.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., and to lift overhead and push/pull, move lighter objects.
- Will be exposed to chemicals used in typical cleaning supplies.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Required State food handling certification.
- Some cooking experience preferred.
Pay Rate: $17.19 per hour
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the co-worker. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.