Manage a small fleet of specialty program drivers including the planning, driver manager and customer service functions. Coordinate and manage load volumes, load assignments and freight flows in a defined geographic area to achieve optimum utilization of equipment
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Communicate and support drivers on a daily basis with load assignments, pick-up and delivery information, production, updated ETA/PTA's, pre-plan information, company policies and procedures and customer requirements and needs.
- Utilize computer system for data entry and communication.
- Access and update customer profile information.
- Monitor and coordinate loads booked in assigned area to fully utilize all drivers and equipment while prioritizing load up options.
- Determine types or amount of equipment, power and/or personnel required according to booked freight and communicate needs in a timely manner to all members of the Operations team.
- Provide guidance to Customer Service personnel regarding freight needs, i.e. capacity available, lane balance, customer priorities, etc. Maximize bookings out of area to ensure enough freight is available for power in or scheduled to be in assigned area(s).
- Monitor and utilize the daily Load Planner reports to track number of loads, revenue per loaded mile, messages. Implement action plans for improvement.
- Monitor and track customer container pool requirements.
- Dispatch assigned drivers meeting customer needs, company goals and driver needs.
- Monitor macro use, messages, dispatches with no loaded calls, fuel solutions, and drivers hours of service.
- Track on-time delivery. Communicate with customer on any delays.
- Advance funds via QUALCOMM for equipment repairs as needed.
- Audit driver pay on assigned drivers.
- Keep container work information current in system.
- Recommend, implement and/or initiate personnel actions such as driver requalification, driver evaluation, rewards or disciplinary actions. Document drivers work performance in driver comments entering positive and negative information on the following: deliveries, LOA, driver changes, evaluations, conversations concerning specific performance items and/or productivity, disciplinary actions, driver time off, etc.
- New driver orientation.
- Communicate and enforce safety rules, regulations and company policy.
- Maintain an acceptable retention rate with assigned drivers.
- Research driver initiated issues and collaborate with employees to assist in problem resolution.
- Consistently report to work as required and complete normal work hours.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Dependability - Capable of being depended on; worthy of trust; reliable.
- Follow Through - The act of continuing a plan, project, task, or the like to its completion to make sure the situation is resolved and appropriate individuals are updated.
- Job Knowledge - The familiarity gained by sight, experience, or training.
- Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Management Skills - Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively supervise others.
- Negotiation Skills - Ability to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Priority Setting - Refers to spending time and the time of others on what's important.
- Safety and Security - Observes company safety and security policies and adheres to DOT rules and regulations.
- US Geography - Knowledge of the United States. State and city locations and the ability to use maps and other geographic references.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
Experience: 1 plus years of experience in transportation
Computer Skills: General knowledge of Windows Operating System.
General knowledge of Microsoft Office.
TMW Suites experience helpful.
Other Requirements: Willing to work off hours, some holidays and weekends as needed.