Doing retail better. This mantra has guided NewMark Merrill over the last 40 years: through changes, challenges, varied economies and industry disruption. We hold true to our core beliefs of connecting with communities, creating authentic environments of unsurpassed opportunity for tenants and sharing our passion for retail real estate with innovative team members.
With offices in Denver, Los Angeles, Sacramento, San Diego and Chicago, NewMark Merrill owns and manages more than 10 million square feet of retail assets comprised of over 2,000 tenants across 80 cities.
As a boutique-sized firm, we offer both the benefit of large portfolio economies of scale paired with agile decision-making capability and individualized attention from senior leadership.
By combining close relationships with communities, hands-on engagement with our merchants and shoppers, and industry leading investments in technology and data collection, we provide the insights that help ensure our tenants have the tools to succeed in our centers.
The combination of understanding the communities we serve, and world class technology allows us to maximize value and create exceptional experiences that convert visitors into loyal customers.
Our people are what make NewMark Merrill the successful and innovative company it has become. With an unwavering commitment to the success of our partners, the communities we serve and the development of our people, we have created an authentic and proactive culture that sets NewMark Merrill apart.
At NewMark Merrill Companies the Regional Property Managers (RPM) provide the bridge between executive management and the ‘boots on the ground’ team and are responsible for overseeing the implementation and execution of shopping center business plans and budgets. Our operating goal is to create an environment which facilitates maximizing tenant’s sales performance and ensuring a positive customer experience. A major priority for the Company is the implementation, analysis and evolution of technology. The RPM’s role is critical in fostering coordination and communication between all team members.
You will oversee, mentor and develop the operations team responsible for your Portfolio, ensuring they have meaningful and genuine relationships with tenants, understand what makes their neighborhoods tick and help to ensure our centers hold a special place in our customers’ hearts.
Essential Job Functions
- Supervise and mentor the Portfolio’s operations team.
- Coordinate with leasing, development, marketing, accounting and collections to ensure property activities are integrated.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Portfolio, specifically all property management responsibilities, such as but not limited to maintaining the property’s first class appearance, enhancing operating efficiencies, ensuring timely completion of monthly management reports, following up on budget repairs and capital expenditures, interacting on a regular basis with the Portfolio tenants, vendors and patrons, ensuring that marketing events are integrated into the Portfolio’s operations and providing senior management with property information for the Company’s monthly management reports or as requested.
- Interact with the merchants and customers to ensure the Company’s individual marketing plan’s goals and objectives are met and assessed. Attend and evaluate most of the center events to provide feedback and analysis of the cost benefit of each event.
- Take responsibility for all major tenant improvements or capital improvements for each center in the portfolio and coordinate with all parties – architects, general contractors, cities, owners and insurance companies, if applicable – to ensure on budget and on time completion.
- Manage the budgeting and implementation process of all centers’ business plans, focusing on onetime large and/or strategic expenditures. Observe and be accountable for all variances from budget. Approve all monthly property billings.
- Supervise the management team, ensuring all contracted scopes of work are adhered to. Enter into regional contracts for like services (security, landscape, roofing etc.) where appropriate.
- Maintain a close relationship with city officials (elected and others), Chambers of Commerce, and other community leaders to maximize each center’s connection to the surrounding community.
- Maintain contact with tenants, vendors and owner representatives to ensure overall satisfaction and resolution of issues in a professional and timely manner. Oversee activities to promote genuine and lasting relationships with tenants, vendors and the surrounding community.
- Devote significant field time visiting the Portfolio, conducting property inspections and providing mentoring and coaching to the team. Ensure monthly site visits, lighting and overall property inspections are complete timely and appropriate follow up actions are taken.
Requirements & Personal Characteristics
- Ten + years of experience and bachelor’s degree required
- Outstanding client service focus. Responsive to the needs of tenants and the community.
- Thinks outside the box to create extraordinary outcomes.
- High integrity with a diligent work ethic.
- Desires opportunities for professional growth.
- Has a proven track record of managing/mentoring teams.
- Highly organized with good time management skills.
- Good communicator in the written and spoken word.
- Have strong computer skills – social, EXCEL, WORD, OUTLOOK. Is excited and curious about Prop Tech and is an early adopter of new technology.
- Must possess a California Real Estate Salesperson license