If you are a registered nurse with a passion for the Hospice philosophy, a desire to provide exceptional patient centered care and find joy in leading a team of professionals in a community setting, we would like to discuss our current nursing openings with you.
Iowa City Hospice Mission:
To provide compassionate care for anyone in our community affected by serious advanced illness and end of life conditions.
Iowa City Hospice Vision:
To be the experts in innovative care for people with serious advanced illnesses and end of life conditions.
We are a community-based, not-for-profit hospice that provides services to patients and family in their home setting. We provide services to anyone in our seven county service territory of Cedar, Iowa, Johnson, Louisa, Lynn, and Washington counties.
Iowa City Hospice is seeking an experienced Nurse Manager to join our interdisciplinary team. This position is responsible to grow, lead and coordinate the nurse and aide teams to ensure patient and family care is provided in accordance with Iowa City Hospice’s mission, Medicare Hospice Regulations and the patient and family’s goals of care.
Our Nurse Manager:
• Reinforces the mission and vision of Iowa City Hospice in all interactions with staff, leadership and care partners.
• Assume responsibility for all functions within the Nursing and Aide Department.
• Collaborates with the leadership team to assure quality services for patients and families
• Assure all compliance and regulatory standards are met through proper administration of policies and procedures.
• Directly supervises nurses and Home Health Aides.
• Implementing strategic goals and objectives with budget parameters.
Essential Job Functions (including but not limited to):
This is a Salary, Exempt position with a flexible working schedule of Monday - Friday 8AM-5PM with on call rotations and occasional evening and weekend hours based on business need.
Licensure: Current Iowa License as a Registered Nurse in the State of Iowa.
Education: Masters Degree or Bachelors of Nursing with relevant experience.
Experience: A minimum of 2 years of direct care nursing experience at least 1 year which must be in the provision of home care. (Mandated by Medicare)
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM, plus Administrative Team on Call duties.
Driving: Proof of license and current insurance coverage.