Location: Sodus, NY *
* Disclaimer: Sodus, NY, with occasional remote work options available
Schedule: Monday - Friday. Must be flexible to meet current and future business needs.
Reliant Credit union, ranked one of Rochester's top mid-sized companies three years in a row, seeks an Information Technology Manager to join our team.
This role is responsible for management and maintenance of Reliant’s technology systems while providing leadership, coaching, and direction to departmental staff. They'll serve as a technical expert supporting technology systems including, but not limited to, hardware, software, networking, and security related assets. They'll work closely with all departments of the organization to deliver exceptional support and service, and apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to identify, communicate, and resolve systems issues and to maximize the benefit of IT system investments.
Understands and follows expectations of Reliant’s corporate culture. Leads by example in the consistent demonstration of accountability, respect, and teamwork. Provides quality service and strives to exceed service expectations. Acts in a professional, friendly manner at all times. Completes work timely and accurately.
Reliant's benefits package includes:
- 401k retirement plan
- Paid leave time allowances
- Employee life insurance
- Access to our medical, dental, and vision plans
As an Information Technology Manager at Reliant, you will:
- Assist in the development of short- and long-term technology objectives, plans, and priorities necessary to satisfy the operational needs of Reliant.
- Collaborate with and directs a team to satisfy staff requests and issues. Coordinates system and staff resource capacity for implementations and support.
- Identify technology solutions or improvements that will increase availability and resiliency while maintaining cost effectiveness.
- Conduct performance evaluations and regular one-on-ones for direct reports. Provides effective feedback, recommends training needs, and fosters career development.
- Comply with the Information Security Program to ensure regulatory compliance and data security through routine back up processes, testing and application of system patches, annual vendor security evaluations, and disaster recovery testing.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities for our Information Technology Manager position:
Knowledge & understanding of:
- Advanced understanding of network and security principles as related to systems infrastructure.
- Strong record management skills, with ability to document and communicate status of daily procedures effectively.
- Strong leadership skills, with demonstrated ability to lead people and obtain results through others.
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building, with an ongoing commitment to learning.
- Maintain and promote the credit union’s culture and organizational goals.
- Work independently and collaborate cross-functionally, supporting an overall team effort.
Minimum Training & Experience for the Information Technology Manager Role:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of progressively more responsible information technology work experience, including at least 2 years of team supervisory responsibilities.
- Previous data processing experience including networks, PCs, data communications, and PC programming, and data organization.
- Experience or certification in Information security is beneficial.
Physical Requirements include the ability to:
- Use keyboard, monitor, telephone, and other standard office equipment.
- Communicate effectively in person and via telephone, email, and written documents.
- Walk moderate distances, in varying weather conditions.
- Drive within the credit union’s service area with a valid NY State driver’s license.
- Access document equipment and files above and below waist levels.
- Work a flexible work schedule, which may require early mornings, late evenings, and/or weekends.
Candidates considered for hire are subject to credit and other employment reference checks.
Reliant Community Federal Credit Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, AA Disability/Veteran. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department via phone at 800-724-9282 or email at email@example.com.