Comply with company policies and procedures.
Seek out, interview, and screen applicants to fill existing and future driver job openings and promote career opportunities within our organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Interview driver applicants to obtain information on work history, training, education, and job skills.
- Maintain current knowledge of company policies, procedures, operating area, benefits, Department of Transportation rules and regulations (DOT), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Inform potential driver applicants about facilities, operations, benefits, lease purchase options and job or career opportunities.
- Sell the various types of driver programs to prospective professional drivers. Through engaging questions and answers determine each prospective driver’s eligibility to become a qualified driver for Hill Brothers.
- Contact driver applicants to inform them of employment or contract possibilities, consideration, and selection.
- Perform searches for qualified driver candidates according to relevant job criteria, using computer databases, networking, Internet recruiting resources, cold calls, media, recruiting firms, and employee referrals.
- Conduct reference and background checks on driver applicants.
- Arrange for driver to attend orientation and provide travel arrangements as necessary.
- Review and evaluate driver applicant qualifications or eligibility according to established guidelines.
- Consistently report to work as required and complete normal work hours.
- Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Confidentiality - Maintains confidentiality of information at all times. Information only shared with "need to know" positions within the company.
- Enthusiastic - Ability to bring energy to the performance of a task.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Follow Through - The act of continuing a plan, project, task, or the like to its completion to make sure the situation is resolved and appropriate individuals are updated.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Initiative - Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Persistence - Ability to complete tasks or continue in a course of action in spite of opposition or discouragement.
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Self-Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Work Quality - Refers to the effort that consistently achieves desired outcomes with a minimum of avoidable errors and problems.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
One to two years related experience
Efficient keyboarding skills
Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
Experience with TenStreet Recruiting software helpful
Knowledge of FMCSA section 391