Full-time Exempt position: May require some evening and weekend work
Starting Salary: $65,000
Benefits: Generous benefit package including several options for health, dental, and vision insurance. Other benefits include flexible spending account, life insurance, paid time off and IMRF.
Closing date: until position is filled.
- Provide leadership within the department as well as through the library as part of the management team to ensure a customer centric focus and collaborative team environment.
- Understands and enforces District policies and procedures while safeguarding intellectual freedom and patron privacy.
- Leads the coordination of effective services and new initiatives to satisfy the needs of Studio Services patrons. Investigates technology trends, developments, and applications and incorporates appropriate technologies into Studio 300 services.
- Evaluates effectiveness of Studio Services procedures and policies as a department and as a component within the District, along with the Deputy Director.
- Supervises, evaluates, hires and trains Studio Assistant Manager.
- Coordinates, supervises, evaluates, hires and trains Studio Services staff, as appropriate. Actively participates in the developmental plans of subordinate employees.
- Manages, coordinates, hires and budgets programs, cross- departmental programs and performers in collaboration with Studio Services staff.
- Manages appropriate budget lines by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, ensuring best value is achieved with all hardware and software purchases by researching competitive pricing and negotiating discounts with vendors, analyzing budget variances and initiating corrective action as needed.
- Provides training for patrons and staff of all ages in the correct operation and effective use of digital media software, audio/video equipment and maker technology. Provides general informational assistance to patrons and other libraries as related to technology and services offered in Studio 300.
- Plans, prepares, and conducts programs and cross-departmental programs.
- Responsible for multimedia content creation as related to Studio 300 programming and promotion.
- Maintains and replaces multimedia systems, audio/video equipment and portable equipment as needed. Work with the Information Technology Department and outside vendors by serving as main contact for solving problems with Studio 300 equipment.
- Chairs and participates in regional and library wide committees.
- Prepares and submits required records, reports, statistics, and purchase requests in keeping with the policies and procedures of the library.
- Coordinates with the Communications Manager to promote Studio Services offerings and content for the website and social media platforms.
- Actively pursues opportunities to increase knowledge of current information, technology and library trends at the local and regional library level.
- Responds to any building responsibility need as required.
- Performs all duties of Studio Services when needed.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Education: Requires multi-media, audio and video production, photography, computer graphic skills, maker, or other related field expertise acquired through completion of a bachelor’s degree program from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Minimum of 8 years experience and demonstrated knowledge in a related field, with progressive management experience required.
- Within a team environment, he or she demonstrates strong leadership and enthusiastically cultivates positive working relationships.
- Strong knowledge in Mac and Windows operating systems and hardware.
- Strong knowledge and experience with audio, video, animation, photography, illustration, music, and related consumer and professional digital media content creation, software (Adobe Creative Cloud, Mac apps, etc.) and production equipment.
- Basic knowledge of self-publishing or desktop publishing.
- Ability to effectively adapt to and integrate new technologies.
- Ability to troubleshoot minor problems with computer hardware, software and peripherals.
- Ability to incorporate technology into programming and other public services.
- Ability to exercise reasonable and independent judgment and discretion.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong knowledge on emerging technologies in the digital media and maker field.
- Basic knowledge of reference techniques and digital information retrieval.
- Basic knowledge of productivity suites and integrated library systems.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize data to produce new or revised processes and procedures.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Provides consistent, gracious and friendly service to internal and external customers.
- Communicates effectively in English, both orally and in writing. Speaking skills in other languages, particularly Spanish, is a plus.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and Public.
- Ability to stay calm and effective in difficult situations.
- Ability to empathize and relate to the needs of all patrons.
- Ability to translate technology into basic methodologies while training patrons and staff.
- Strong public presentation and instructional skills.
Position has supervisory responsibility. Interview, hire, train, encourage, review work, inspire, assist, develop, counsel, evaluate, discipline and enforce library rules and policies.
Internal: Library staff and management
External: Patrons, school staff, performers, community organizations, vendors and staff from other libraries.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job.
Physical requirements include: good speaking, hearing and vision ability, ability to push carts of library materials weighing up to 100 pounds daily, lifting materials weighing up to 50 pounds occasionally and up to 20 pounds daily.
Work is performed in a typical library environment. Full-time exempt position. Requires weekend and evening work.
To view all available positions:https://www.fountaindale.org/get-involved/employment/