The Manufacturing Engineer will help develop procedures, tooling, and equipment that will streamline production, with the goal of manufacturing the best products that will meet all specifications and quality standards. This position is based out of our newly constructed facility at One Innovation Dr. in the city of West Chicago.
Under general direction, duties will include:
1. Identify and implement changes to improve products and reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, product design, materials, and parts.
2. Oversee the implementation and testing of approved new methods and make adjustments as necessary.
3. Determine root cause of failures using statistical methods, and recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods.
4. Incorporate new methods and processes to improve existing operations.
5. Assist in developing new products and product mock-ups alongside the Engineering and manufacturing team.
6. Conduct and analyze test results, examine prototypes and modify product designs as necessary to meet project objectives.
7. Develop procedures for tool and die maintenance for in-house tool shop.
8. Lead cross-functional teams to design and or improve cooling fixtures, weld fixtures, drill fixtures, tools, jigs, equipment training, and process flow.
9. Support the Engineering Department with new drawing requests.
10. Assist production and assembly in developing procedures, processes, and equipment for efficient operations.
11. Design and install new equipment to maximize efficiency of manufacturing departments.
12. Prepare documentation for new manufacturing processes or engineering procedures.
13. Document testing & inspection criteria of components and finished products.
14. Create Engineering change order documentation.
15. Responsible for supporting operations on the production floor.
16. Facilitate costing process of new products.
17. Maintain a clean working environment.
18. Perform related duties as assigned by Department Manager.
*This list is not comprehensive and other duties may be added as required.
• Must have extensive knowledge of manufacturing process that relates to plastic, wood, and steel.
• Proficient in Solidworks
• Proficient with MS Outlook, Word & Excel
• Effective problem-solving skills
• Proactively addresses challenges in an effective manner
• Strong organizational, analytical and verbal/written communication skills
• Ability to understand, read and write English
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in an engineering-related specialty
• Five+ years of experience as a manufacturing engineer or a similar role
• Ability to stand 6 hours per day.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
• Ability to sit 8 hours per day