Mueller is a certified public accounting and business consulting firm located in the Chicago metropolitan area with offices in Elgin, Orland Park, and Chicago, as well as Sarasota, Florida. Since 1968, the Firm has provided accounting, tax, assurance, and management consulting services, to privately held and publicly traded companies, local governments, and not-for-profit organizations within a wide variety of industries.
We are unique and recognize the high importance of international business growth in today’s business environment. We partner with our affiliated firm members of PKF International to provide services and global-based solutions to multi-national companies or independent business owners who want to expand their business globally through PKF Mueller. We collaborate closely with banking and investment institutions, attorneys with international experience, site selection professionals, and municipal and state development agencies to facilitate international business development.
We are an entrepreneurial firm and culturally believe in valuing individual responsibility and initiatives of highly motivated professionals with diverse backgrounds, while keeping two-way communications open and remaining open-minded to new ideas.
Our Firm is a reflection of years of listening and caring for our clients. We are proud of the professional and personal relationships developed within our communities. Through growth and partnerships, we have blossomed from a regional firm to an organization that provides services worldwide.
According to Accounting Today, Mueller is a top 200 ranked firm, listed as the 147th largest and one of the “Top Firms in the Great Lakes Area.” The Firm is also the 15th largest accounting firm in the Chicago Metropolitan area, according to Crain’s Chicago Business. Additionally, Mueller has been recognized as a “Best Places to Work in Illinois” for the last 11 years.
• This position will plan and direct the accounting operations for a variety of clients.
• Oversees all accounting operations, which include accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, and payroll.
• Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
• Oversees the production of periodic financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
• Recommends benchmarks that will be used to measure the performance of the company.
• Produces the annual budget and forecasts; reports significant budget differences to management.
• Provides financial analysis, with emphasis on capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
• Works with auditors and provides needed information for the annual audit.
• Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
• Seasoned consultant that understands business ratios and performance metrics.
• Understands different technology systems and how they feed financial data into accounting systems.
• Strong personal identification with Mueller firm values and intrinsic values in our industry - Proactive, Respect, Inspiring, Dedication, Enthusiasm – the Heart of Our Culture. Trust, and Integrity, among others.
• Excellent management and supervisory skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Similar experience in not-for-profit industry is also desired.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Business Administration required.
• 7-15 years of related experience required.
• Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation preferred.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package including a generous 401(k) match, 5 healthcare plans to choose from, dental, vision, commuter benefits, generous vacation, and much more.