Evofem Biosciences, Inc., (NASDAQ: EVFM) is a commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to developing and commercializing innovative products to address unmet needs in women's sexual and reproductive health. Evofem Biosciences aims to advance the lives of women by developing innovative solutions, such as woman-controlled contraception and potential protection from certain sexually transmitted infections (STIs). The Company's first commercial product, Phexxi™ (lactic acid, citric acid and potassium bitartrate), is approved in the United States for the prevention of pregnancy. The Company is advancing EVO100 for the prevention of urogenital transmission of both Chlamydia trachomatis infection (chlamydia) and Neisseria gonorrhoeae infection (gonorrhea) in women.
We are a growing team based in San Diego, CA. Our sole purpose is also our soul purpose: to improve the lives of women. We are committed to discovering and developing innovative healthcare solutions that put women first.
Regional Sales Representative
The Regional Sales Representative is a professional in the healthcare industry who is responsible for meeting and exceeding product sales goals and management of physician relationships within a specific geography. The Regional Sales Representative must demonstrate a strong understanding of necessary disease states and possess a solid ability to communicate necessary technical, scientific, product and disease management information to customers. The Regional Sales Representative will provide the most current information pertaining to Evofem products and their approved indications in accordance with current Evofem Compliance Guidelines which will ensure the appropriate use of these products and achieve the business potential with each respective territory.
The Regional Sales Representative is exempt under the outside sales exemption and is expected to customarily and regularly spend more than half of his/her working time away from the Company’s established place of business or home office engaged in activities related to selling Evofem products distributed by the Company to customers.
The job requires the Regional Sales Representative to spend his/her time primarily working with contacts in the field, for example, in meetings with clients to develop and close sales. If, at any time, the RSR is not customarily spending more than half of Employee’s working time engaging in such duties outside of the Company’s established place of business, the RSR shall immediately notify his/her direct supervisor or manager.
Essential Duties & Job Responsibilities:
- Meeting and speaking in-person with actual or potential customers.
- Traveling to customers place of business and spending substantial time to advance the sales process
- Driving to visit actual or potential customers.
- Analyzing, utilizing, and compiling prospect lists for purposes of calling and/or meeting with actual or potential customers.
- Clearly and persuasively presenting Evofem products to actual or potential customers.
- Effectively socializing with actual or potential customers.
- Neat, accurate, and timely preparation of paperwork necessary to consummate transactions with actual or potential customers.
- Neat, accurate, and timely preparation of reports of business transactions and expense accounts.
- Gathering and inputting data related to selling and client service processes.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Actively in the field at minimum 9am – 5pm conducting job responsibilities (exception by supervisor approval)
Clinical Selling/Account Management
- Ability to engage in complex clinical discussions with target customers to achieve performance objectives
- Ability to learn and retain clinical and scientific information – engaging in sensitive women’s anatomical discussions
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key customers across multiple settings
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting towards meeting established sales objectives
- Effective in the art of building rapport, team cohesiveness and professional relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Embraces an entrepreneurial mentality, learning from mistakes and taking positive risks
- Encourages open dialogue and diversity of thought
- Utilize the business planning process to drive results and improve results through a prospective and analytical approach
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- Well organized and able to demonstrate customer and marketplace expertise in face of disruptive environments
- Ability and aptitude to embrace and implement new technologies
- Sales objectives
- Productivity metrics (eg. calls per day, reach and frequency, calls to targeted customers, number of prescriptions)
- Successful launch of new products
Supervisory Responsibility: None.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- 2-5 years of either professional sales experience, work experience in the healthcare/scientific field, professional marketing experience (including internships) or military experience. Preferred
- Experience during a successful product launch (preferred)
- Women's health experience desirable
- Proven track record of success in all respects of selling– technical knowledge, selling techniques, interpreting/analyzing data, in-depth understanding of medical field and/or pharmaceutical industry
- Live within 50 miles of territory (preferred)
- Must be licensed to operate a vehicle and meet driver eligibility requirements of the company fleet program
- Must pass company background and drug screening
- Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret sales literature, agreements, policies, manuals, and other documents related to the business of the Company. Ability to write reports, prepare business correspondence, and complete forms and agreements required to market and sell the Company’s products. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, and potential customers.
- Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software and Internet software.
Traveling and working at remote locations, causing exposure to outdoor elements as well as a variety of indoor environments. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision and Depth perception. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Attend sales meetings, conference calls, training sessions and symposium as required. Ability to travel domestically up to 50% overnight (depending upon territory boundaries, meeting schedule, etc.)
Evofem Biosciences provides a competitive salary and generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision coverage, 401k, paid vacation and Holidays.E/O/E-including disability and vets *No agencies please*
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process, due to a disability, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.