Springs Rescue Mission (SRM) considers every position one of ministry and a vital and valued part of our team. Therefore, it is essential that all employees of SRM have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and subscribe to our Statement of Faith and Core Values.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Guest Services Supervisor position exists to ensure a safe and smooth operation of the men’s and women’s shelter during their perspective shift. This position provides supervision to both shelters and is responsible for training. This position models SRM guidelines on interacting with guests with a primary focus on leading shelter staff and volunteers to provide hospitality and compassion while enforcing guidelines for a safe and secure operation.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with the Senior Director of Housing to establish and implement shelter rules and procedures that encourage overall safety and security while maintaining on-going communications. Establish and supervise policies and procedures that promote healthy lifestyles and client growth.
- Provide day-to-day supervision of the overnight coordinators under the guidance of the director.
- Train all new overnight coordinators and volunteers on shelter operations.
- Ensure proper execution of the Shelter Operations Plan to include:
- Prepare Healthy Engagement (chores) list and monitor through coordinators so daily tasks are completed.
- Oversee daily safety and cleanliness inspections before opening to ensure all necessary preparations have been completed and take action with clients when standards are not met.
- Provide direction for staff and volunteers throughout the registration and check-in process.
- Maintain schedule of evening activities.
- Ensure strict adherence to all safety policies and procedures.
- Attempt to diffuse guest situations before escalation; handle disputes and altercations appropriately.
- Respond to emergency situations such as guest health crisis, behavior issues, fire, water damage, or accidents.
- Document incidents and write-ups in an accurate and timely manner and submit reports to director.
- Understand operations of all security systems including alarms, fire panel and smoke detectors.
- Oversee daily schedule of Healthy Engagement and Work Assignments to maintain cleanliness and overall safety.
- Conduct fire drills and emergency evacuation procedures as instructed.
- Maintain adequate stock levels of bedding and refreshment items, ordering whenever necessary.
- Take opportunities to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ and provides prayer support as needed or requested.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Committed Christian, able to provide a clear Biblical testimony of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior.
- Desire to serve the Lord in ministry to the lost, hungry, cold and frightened. Be able and willing to exercise compassion and discernment while modeling the pursuit of Christ likeness.
- Able to engage in natural conversation with guests, offering hope for change in a journey from brokenness to a new life based on relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Ability to handle crisis and unexpected situations with calm and clear thinking, demonstrating good analysis and judgment to bring resolution.
- Trustworthy, reliable, insightful and perceptive.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of addiction and recovery preferred.
- Able and willing to honor and uphold the leadership and mission of SRM.
- Thorough, systematic and organized with regard to security and protocol.
- Street knowledge and understanding of anger management highly desired.
- Computer literate, able to use basic office equipment.
- CPR/First Aid preferred.
- Able to read, write and perform basic mathematical computations.
- Two years of sobriety if in recovery.
- Flexibility in working hours, including on-call availability and willingness to work holidays as they coincide with regular shifts.
- Minimum Associates Degree. Bachelor’s degree preferred; or equivalent work experience.
- Two + years of experience within a Christian recovery environment or social service organization preferably working with the homeless.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL FACTORS:
Occasionally = 1%-33%; Frequently = 34%-66%; Continuously = 67%-100%
Climbing stairs – occasionally
Lifting – occasionally, up to 40 lbs
Bending – occasionally
* Salary & benefits include the following: $18.37/hour, DOE.
* Full benefits package includes medical benefits with SRM paying 85% of the medical premium, voluntary Dental, Vision, Allstate Accident Plan, SRM-paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, and AD&D. Also offered are 8 paid holidays, 21 days of accruable PTO, paid “Soul Care Retreat” days (up to 4 depending upon availability), and a 403b retirement plan with SRM-match after 1 year, 100% vested beginning DOH; (Benefits are subject to change based on reevaluation or benefit plan changes annually.)