Encino Energy is seeking to hire a Lease Analyst II, reporting to the Lease Records Manager. The Lease Analyst II will be responsible for maintaining Encino Energy’s lease records in Quorum Land, the Company’s land system, as well as analyzing and interpreting title documents to establish ownership for producing and non-producing mineral properties.
- Set up, maintain, and tract out oil and gas leases, declarations of pooled units, and other legal documents for an assigned area of responsibility ensuring accurate representation of ownership, provisions, and obligations in Quorum
- Maintain obligation and lease expiration calendars in Quorum’s eCal module, initiate required payment processes, and ensure payments are made in compliance with related agreements and all applicable laws and statutes
- Interface with lessors and government agencies regarding oil and gas leases
- Research lessor inquiries regarding leases and land payments
- Support due diligence activities related to oil and gas property acquisitions and divestitures
- Handle structured and unstructured data clean-up tasks, as assigned by Lease Records Manager
- Assist Land Operations, Division Orders, and Owner Relations in research and compiling of reports
- Perform shut-in analysis and review
- Maintain electronic lease records filing system
- Assist with GIS Mapping projects
- Assist in preparation of correspondence, form transmittals, check requests, oil and gas leases, assignments, rights-of-way, and other associated agreements
- Provide leases, assignments, etc. to partners, as required
- Process new lease purchases and review associated documentation for completeness, accuracy, and input into Quorum
- Review documents and data provided by brokers for incorporation into Quorum
- Establish and maintain effective industry relationships
- Prepare general, routine correspondence for others’ signatures
- Perform various data entry tasks
- Prepare and maintain presentations and reports
- Participate in local industry associations
- Attend continuing education, as needed
- Other duties, as assigned by the Lease Records Manager or Director, Land Administration
- Proven interpersonal, written, and oral communication, organization, recordkeeping, analytical, and problem-solving skills are required
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities with appropriate supervision, guidance, and mentoring, while ensuring accuracy and quality standards are met.
- Strong capability for relationship building
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently
- Must be willing to participate in a team environment
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Must be proficient in Quorum or otherwise established proficiency in a comparable Land System and able to quickly learn Quorum with training
- Basic knowledge of contracts
- Experience in the Utica Basin preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- At least three to four years progressive experience in lease analysis supporting a fast-paced, demanding office environment.
This position is not eligible for domestic relocation.
The percentage of travel anticipated for this position is 5 -10%, including overnight extended stays.
This job is predominately located in a professional office environment with travel to customer locations and occasional travel to the field operations.
This is a full-time position. Encino has a compressed work week with a “4/9/4” Work Schedule. Employees have the option to work four, nine-hour days with the addition of four hours each Friday. Some flexibility in hours is allowed.
Encino Energy is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston. The company is committed to accumulating high potential assets in multiple U.S. basins and to enhancing returns with active discipline and technologically-driven development programs.
Encino Energy is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in recruiting, hiring, developing, compensating, and promoting applicants and its employees. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for employee’s and applicant’s disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Encino Energy does not offer sponsorship of employment-based non-immigrant visa petitions for this role.