Weavers Way has an exciting opportunity to join the management team of the Co-op as our Facilities Manager. Weavers Way's Facilities Manager works as an integral team member to ensuring and preserving the safe operation of the Co-op. The Facilities Manager works to make the Co op as environmentally benign as possible, to prolong the life of the Co op's buildings and equipment, to minimize loss of use of the Co op's facilities and equipment breakdown, and to control utility costs and maximize the efficiency of the co-op’s use of energy and water.
Routine Repair and Maintenance
- Responsible for all repair and maintenance of co-op facilities.
- Supervise other co-op staff as it relates to in-house repairs and maintenance
- Work with outside vendors/contractors as needed. Solicit bids; negotiate terms; hold vendors/contractors accountable for the quality of their work; meeting timelines; controlling costs; and controlling their environmental impact.
- Based on manufacturer's recommendations or common facility maintenance practices, develop routine checks on buildings and equipment for needed maintenance and repairs.
- Report any repair and maintenance needs to appropriate colleague
- Responsible for snow and ice removal for all co-op facilities.
- Respond to facilities-related emergencies as needed.
Special Projects / Expansion / Major Renovations
- Work with general contractor
- Serve as liaison between general contractor and staff
- Perform work related to renovations and expansion as needed
- Coordinate the work of other Weavers Way staff as it relates to renovations and expansion
- Ensure that important/urgent routine repairs and maintenance are made
- Communicate with stakeholders regarding timeline for completion of special projects
- Communicate with stakeholders regarding deferred maintenance and repairs during special projects
- Observe all Weavers Way policies and procedures
- Attend meetings as needed.
- Complete evaluations as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Inform staff and membership of environmental issues that concern or affect the Co op.
- Assists and monitors management efforts to improve environment condition.
- Represent co-op staff on the co-op’s Environmental Committee and serve as liaison between the committee and staff.
- Review and record all utility bills including gas, water and electric. Monitor facility temperatures and equipment readings and makes adjustments as necessary. Responsible for controlling energy use by shopping for best rates and maximizing the efficiency of the co-op’s water and energy use.
- Read pertinent publications and share applicable information with staff and membership.